Georgia, one of the worst civ choices!?

Status
Not open for further replies.
>Georgia is not worth...

list of Europe's oldest cities

Is this the Eurovision definition of Europe to include something east of the furthermost east point of the Black sea?

>Georgia is not worth...

list of Europe's oldest cities
Tbilisi is the oldest Georgian city on that list (and the 45th city on that list sorted oldest to youngest).

Other civilizations that had cities predating Georgia on that list are Illyria (modern Serbia), Pictland (modern Scotland), Bohemia (modern Czech Republic), Byzantium, Thrace (modern Bulgaria), Denmark, Ireland, Galica (modern Ukraine), Belarus, Hungary, Belgium, Sweden, Slovakia, Illyrcium (modern Croatia), Pannonia (modern Austria).

I support Georgia as a civ, but I don't think the reason it deserves to be in the game is because of its history. A ton of other civilizations have it beaten in that regard.

Last edited:
This is my fear that even though Georgia is great and maybe even a little bit indulgent from the developers, it opens the floodgates and soon there will be more random civs than "pantheon" ones (Rome, Greece, Egypt etc.)
Good?

Is this the Eurovision definition of Europe to include something east of the furthermost east point of the Black sea?
anyways this doesn't changes the fact that, Georgian Civ is older.
an btw, even in ancient times, Greek philosopher Anaximander considered borders between Europe and Asia along the Phasis River (the modern Rioni) in the Caucasus.

Ok, but that list isn't sorted. Georgia has a few cities on the list, but if you sort it oldest to youngest, Kutaisi is the 45th oldest.
no that's not true.
Kutaisi and Mtskheta are listed among Europe's 16 oldest cities. source

anyways this doesn't changes the fact that, Georgian Civ is older.
an btw, even in ancient times, Greek philosopher Anaximander considered borders between Europe and Asia along the Phasis River (the modern Rioni) in the Caucasus.

no that's not true.
Kutaisi and Mtskheta are listed among Europe's 16 oldest cities. source
Yes, I realized I had sorted it youngest to oldest. I updated my post. Turns out it's still 45th place though, just with a different city.

Can you find evidence that the city is older than the 6th century BC? This source on wikipedia claims it's only that old: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kutaisi#cite_note-3

Those pictures are breathtaking! :eek:

Now I want to visit. :thumbsup:

Tbilisi is the oldest Georgian city on that list (and the 45th city on that list sorted oldest to youngest).

Other civilizations that had cities predating Georgia on that list are Illyria (modern Serbia), Pictland (modern Scotland), Bohemia (modern Czech Republic), Byzantium, Thrace (modern Bulgaria), Denmark, Ireland, Galica (modern Ukraine), Belarus, Hungary, Belgium, Sweden, Slovakia, Illyrcium (modern Croatia), Pannonia (modern Austria).

I support Georgia as a civ, but I don't think the reason it deserves to be in the game is because of its history. A ton of other civilizations have it beaten in that regard.
Colchis and Caucasian Iberia were in the geographical region of modern Georgia were contemporary with late Mycenaean Greece and the Neo-Assyrian Empire (so predating any urbanization in any of the nations you've listed above) and their people were apparently speakers of early languages of the Kartvelian language family (the same language family that Modern Georgian belongs to and has, by far, the most extant speakers of).

Those pictures are breathtaking! :eek:

Now I want to visit. :thumbsup:
I planned on visiting Georgia and Armenia at one point, but my asthma prevented it. :(

I planned on visiting Georgia and Armenia at one point, but my asthma prevented it. :(

Ohhh...sorry to hear that. Yeah, the altitude would be kind of rough. No Machu Picchu for you, either. :(

We don't have Adolf Hitler as a leader or Nazi-Germany as a civ?

Nope , and that is sad. As evil and crazy as he was, adolf was also capable and great (to germany) leader. And remember the Cree outcry ? well imagine if firaxis released Hitler DLC , gaming sites and others sites , and prob some TVs news would rage about it...and it would be best selling DLC ;)
But this topic is about georgia , and they ARE AWESOME!

Moderator Action: Yes, this thread is about Georgia. Drop the Hitler conversation. leif

Last edited by a moderator:
You could go to Chengde instead, where Kangxi welcomed the Dalai Lama by building him a scale model of his own house. 327m above sea level.

If only we could build mini world wonders when others take them away from us.

Since people are upset by this choice, and since people seem to be upset by the lack of leaders that are usually in the game; for this civ why don't we come to a compromise. Since the devs want Georgia, and the fans want more the usual leaders, lets just do Stalin for Georgia :lol:

Make his special ability raising production while lowering population in cities so that you can actually build units faster than wonders for once. :D

We don't have Adolf Hitler as a leader or Nazi-Germany as a civ?

Mongols is a very long time ago
USSR did this under the leadership of Stalin, other leaders were morally good (contrary what they let believe you because of western propaganda).

I'm not advocating the inclusion of Leopold II, Hitler, Stalin or other recent leaders who did controversial things. That's why I wouldn't support Ronald Reagan as an alternate leader. His actions were far too recent and many families are still affected by policies he enacted.

So now you are talking about leaders should be excluded but Germany is ok. That means the Boers are ok on the same basis. Don't be a hypocrite.

Be careful what you wish for Zaarin dear boy. If we started having more dark horses than mainstays my dastardly plot to get The Olmec, Nigeria, and Nepal into civ may come to fruition! You’d have to find some way live with the knowledge that somewhere out there I, the Prince of Nigeria, got his way. However would you sleep at night knowing that a civ with a (GASP!) unattested language got into the game all because of your frivolous disregard for the Civ code of conduct? You wouldn’t! Nay, you couldn’t!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom