German translation feedback

You live in England, so you should know better, but still... "I'm a non-member of the council." Sounds kinda strange to me. :confused:

I agree with Lord Tirian. "No Member" is not grammatically correct; "Non-Member" would be better. In English, you'd say "I'm not a member of the council", but Non-Member is fine as a noun.

Updated for 12f, also included transcriptions for the Holographics & Coastal Battery quotes in English (where did you find these!?).

Cheers, LT.

Updated for 12f, also included transcriptions for the Holographics & Coastal Battery quotes in English (where did you find these!?).

There are a couple other unused quotes in my possession. Most of them just a slightly different version of an existing quote, but one completely new one remaining: "the Ballad of Skyfarm 3". Some of them you should be able to find in your SMAC fx folder. Others were given to me by someone who said he found them in his fx folder. I guess the different localizations contain slightly different files.

Updated version for the chunks of new text in 12j. The civics texts also contained quotes and apostrophes that didn't display properly in the datalinks, so I fixed that in the English texts as well.

Cheers, LT.

Attachments

• CurrentText12j.rar
    126.6 KB · Views: 180
Slightly updated translation - a bit rushed and I haven't translated the new quotes (need to find my German audio files first) and tech descriptions (it's a lot!). I'm mainly attaching it to a) get the new factions translated and b) to fix the English entries, because some of the quotes and apostrophes in the new Civilopedia additions don't display properly.

Cheers, LT.

Attachments

• CurrentText12k.rar
    224.1 KB · Views: 252
Doesn't the German version have a blurbsx.txt for the tech quotes? :-s
It has and the quotes are included already - the facility quotes from SMAX missing, just as in the English version.

Cheers, LT.

The description of the believers fanatical attack is in the German translation even more misleading then in the English version:

"+20% against factions which don't share the believers state religion"

translates currently to

"+20% gegen Gruppierungen mit anderer Staatsreligion als die Gläubigen"

I don't like that "factions" in the English description, as barbarians are not considered as a faction in common sense. However, the German translation adds another issue - it says that the target needs to have a different State Religion...and that's just not correct. You gain the bonus vs. everyone who has not your state religion, even if that means that he/she/it has none.

Thread necromancy, I know.

Anyway, I worked a bit on the German translation of this game. Here are some of the changes I made:

- added missing tech quotes (e.g. Needle jet)
- translated all "So-and-so released their latest work, 'Blabla', about the most powerful groups on Chiron" notifications
- translated some building names that were still in English, e.g. Navy academy to "Marineakademie" and Army academy to "Heeresakademie"
- translated the names of resources that were still in English
- fixed some minor stuff, e.g. the game saying "Wald planted" instead of "Wald angepflanzt" or a typo here and there

If anyone is interested in this, or if Maniac wants to incorporate it into his next update, I can upload the handful of files I made changes to.

Top Bottom