Getting A Mod to load

tchristensen

Emperor
I need some help trying to load a mod. It seems like I can download and install it, but then enter this continuous circle of trying to use it?

After loading the game, I go to Mods and agree repeatedly to their little agreement. I am thus met with two choices: Single-Player and Browse Mods.

If I enter the Browse Mods, I can find my new mod and install it. I can also Like it, but cannot play it?

If I enter the Single-Player option, it seems to take me back to the original menu where I can choose empire, world size....that sort of thing but I can't select the mod.
EDIT: I can enter the single-player game and enter the Custom Game but the Mods button is then grayed out? Is there some further step to activate the mods other than this roundabout screwy system of downloading, clicking, installing, agreeing to the EULA over and over again?

Can someone point me in the right direction?

Troy

I need some help trying to load a mod. It seems like I can download and install it, but then enter this continuous circle of trying to use it?

After loading the game, I go to Mods and agree repeatedly to their little agreement. I am thus met with two choices: Single-Player and Browse Mods.

If I enter the Browse Mods, I can find my new mod and install it. I can also Like it, but cannot play it?

If I enter the Single-Player option, it seems to take me back to the original menu where I can choose empire, world size....that sort of thing but I can't select the mod.
EDIT: I can enter the single-player game and enter the Custom Game but the Mods button is then grayed out? Is there some further step to activate the mods other than this roundabout screwy system of downloading, clicking, installing, agreeing to the EULA over and over again?

Can someone point me in the right direction?

Troy

In order to install mods and play, you must:

- Download the mod from an outside source or from the ModBuddy.
If downloaded through ModBuddy, it should automatically appear in your list.
If downloaded through an outside mirror (like, for example, my Ancient World mod), you have to place the mod folder (or the .civ5mod file, whichever the mod creator supplies) into your My Games -> Civ 5 -> MODS folder.
- On the Mod screen, click "Install Games". After it's done installing, it should appear on the list.
- DO NOT CLICK THE MOD. Instead, mouse over the circle to the right of its description and check the circle. It should appear green and checked.
- Close out of the mod list, go to Single Player.
- Click Set Up Game and you should be good to go!

OK. I guess I was expecting something like Civ 4 with a splash screen and a feeling you were playing a mod. What concerns me I guess is how the game allows you to add as many mods at one time, theoretically causing all sorts of conflicts.

I was under the impression that I would specifically know I was under a specific mod. Now, I know to unselect all mods before proceeding.

I hope they change that in the future.

Thanks for the help!

Top Bottom