Getting all 24 civs into a single game.

GreenBayGuru

Chieftain
I have purchased all the DLC civs and found out today after buying the vikings & polynesians that the max amount of civs you can stick on a map is 22?, Is their something im missing or a workaround for this so I can play with ALL 24 civs?

Thanks

22 is already stretching it heavily. Pushing more then 12 is asking a lot of performance out of your machine. Once you stretch it that far you risk repeated game crashes from "unhandled win32 errors" etc.

Well im pretty str8 with my PC, I got a 800 watt power supply & 12 gigs of ram with 12 more gigs on the way, Im in like the future age on my latest game with 22 civs to start , of course some no longer exsist but my turns take about 10 seconds, Which is why I stacked my pc with ram cause i found that to be the #1 thing when it comes to performance with this game,

I would be comfortable running 30+ civs & just wish i had the option.

The maximum number of "major" civs is hardcoded. Once the DLL source is released, a mod could probably adjust it, but for now you can't go higher than 22.

Well im pretty str8 with my PC, I got a 800 watt power supply & 12 gigs of ram with 12 more gigs on the way, Im in like the future age on my latest game with 22 civs to start , of course some no longer exsist but my turns take about 10 seconds, Which is why I stacked my pc with ram cause i found that to be the #1 thing when it comes to performance with this game,

I would be comfortable running 30+ civs & just wish i had the option.

As for the memory, the game is still stuck in the 32-bit era, and the maximum memory it can use is a bit over 3 gigs.

Top Bottom