getting over the reroll + general tips

I agree with the peeps that say their best games come from starts that weren't that great.

The problem for me is that I'm the kind of player that likes being able to exploit a civs uniques to the max. So, if I'm Inca and get very few mountains, I'll often reroll (for example).

I don't reroll as I don't see the point that early. OK say locally conditions aren't optimal, but without quite a bit of exploration you know what opportunities are waiting for you. Just because your starting isn't perfect doesn't mean that over that hill there aren't natural wonders and goodie huts waiting. All sorts of conditions can be useful, I'm often happy just to find a tuple of city states in a spot which shields me from loyalty pressure from another civ. Or even just an interesting geography is enough.

Instead, my version of it is to abandon a game by mid game if it's not happening. Plenty of games I got going, and for whatever reason just don't seem to be going anywhere. The discovery and early rollout made the gameplay worth it so far but I could tell that to drive it to a victory wasn't going to be a lot of fun, so I drop it.

Top Bottom