Getting Started

Suggestion for two things I would like to see added to this mod.

I would like to see the advance the turn with the spacebar Mod, added to this one.

I would like to see a notification set up for a city that is about to lose a point of population due to starvation.

well so far this mod is working really well. i just did 2 upgrades on it, i was worried with 1.21 as i could not find any ruins on the map but then when i downloaded 1.22 i did. do not know if this was just my bad luck before or a glitch.

i was wondering if it was possible to add permanent alliances, similar to what was in Civ IV. the declerations of friendship only go so far and i have been backstabed more than once over them. course thats part of the challenge but it would be nice to know i had one ally out there that i could trust completely.

i was wondering if it was possible to add permanent alliances, similar to what was in Civ IV. the declerations of friendship only go so far and i have been backstabed more than once over them. course thats part of the challenge but it would be nice to know i had one ally out there that i could trust completely.

On its face, the idea of a permanent alliance takes away one of the variables of gameplay. It would also tend to make the game easier for humans than for the AI. Isn't that one of the major complaints about religion in Civ4?

On its face, the idea of a permanent alliance takes away one of the variables of gameplay. It would also tend to make the game easier for humans than for the AI. Isn't that one of the major complaints about religion in Civ4?
Agreed.

Maybe what you're looking for is Teams under the Advanced Setup options, lord_graywolfe?

I thought the teams was just for humans in multiplayer? i have never really looked at it but i will see if that is an option thanks.

i never noticed the AI suffering from the permanent alliance in IV as they would use them as much as i did and they often won the game because of it when i could not find one to join me.

Edit
Ok i tried the team option and i really do not like it. since you have to pick the other civ at the start there is no challenge. also the only way the AI would have teams is if i made them. I think i like the permenant alliance option from civ IV better. it gave the AI and the player more choices and a better challenge.

I think the permanent alliance from Civ4 is basically replaced by city state alliances. I think this is a good thing.

Ahriman has a good point. If a citystate is your ally you can trust them completely. They declare war on your own enemies, which means your enemy cannot bribe them away. It's not too difficult to hold a lock on a citystate. The only time I've had one unexpectedly flip is when an AI builds Angkor Wat.

Sorry if this was discussed before, but I can't disable combat animations.

This is noted in the change log. Apparently during off the animations was causing some error in the mod and Thal consciously turned it off.

That said, if that feature can be brought back I would appreciate it. While the animation speeds are much better than they once were, turns are so long especially by end game that every little bit helps.

He's probably lying/being deceptive and waiting for the first opportunity to wage war on you.

I'm not sure what the "correct" version is, but it works, has worked with this mod almost since inception, and has been part of this mod soon after that.

Thal has modified WWGD beyond Sneaks' original mod as well - the "version" included in VEM is essentially it's own animal now.

WWGD is now the name for the AI component of this mod based on my original work, then taken much further by Thal. While v6 is probably the last freestanding version, it should not be run with UP/VEM as it will actually overwrite changes made since then.

WWGD is now the name for the AI component of this mod based on my original work, then taken much further by Thal. While v6 is probably the last freestanding version, it should not be run with UP/VEM as it will actually overwrite changes made since then.

So basicly the version in this mod is better then V6 ok thanxs for the info

Top Bottom