1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Getting Started

Discussion in 'Communitas Expansion Pack' started by Thalassicus, Sep 30, 2010.

1. Dunkah

Dunkah Emperor

Suggestion for two things I would like to see added to this mod.

I would like to see the advance the turn with the spacebar Mod, added to this one.

I would like to see a notification set up for a city that is about to lose a point of population due to starvation.

2. lord_graywolfe

lord_graywolfe Wolfman

well so far this mod is working really well. i just did 2 upgrades on it, i was worried with 1.21 as i could not find any ruins on the map but then when i downloaded 1.22 i did. do not know if this was just my bad luck before or a glitch.

i was wondering if it was possible to add permanent alliances, similar to what was in Civ IV. the declerations of friendship only go so far and i have been backstabed more than once over them. course thats part of the challenge but it would be nice to know i had one ally out there that i could trust completely.

3. Txurce

Txurce Deity

On its face, the idea of a permanent alliance takes away one of the variables of gameplay. It would also tend to make the game easier for humans than for the AI. Isn't that one of the major complaints about religion in Civ4?

4. wobuffet

wobuffet Barbarian

Agreed.

Maybe what you're looking for is Teams under the Advanced Setup options, lord_graywolfe?

5. lord_graywolfe

lord_graywolfe Wolfman

I thought the teams was just for humans in multiplayer? i have never really looked at it but i will see if that is an option thanks.

i never noticed the AI suffering from the permanent alliance in IV as they would use them as much as i did and they often won the game because of it when i could not find one to join me.

Edit
    Ok i tried the team option and i really do not like it. since you have to pick the other civ at the start there is no challenge. also the only way the AI would have teams is if i made them. I think i like the permenant alliance option from civ IV better. it gave the AI and the player more choices and a better challenge.

6. Ahriman

Ahriman Tyrant

I think the permanent alliance from Civ4 is basically replaced by city state alliances. I think this is a good thing.

7. Thalassicus

Thalassicus Bytes and Nibblers

Ahriman has a good point. If a citystate is your ally you can trust them completely. They declare war on your own enemies, which means your enemy cannot bribe them away. It's not too difficult to hold a lock on a citystate. The only time I've had one unexpectedly flip is when an AI builds Angkor Wat.

8. JT415

JT415 Chieftain

Sorry if this was discussed before, but I can't disable combat animations.

9. bud[b]

bud[b] Chieftain

Hello all,

I just wanted to say thanks for this great mod!

10. Stalker0

Stalker0 Baller Magnus

This is noted in the change log. Apparently during off the animations was causing some error in the mod and Thal consciously turned it off.

That said, if that feature can be brought back I would appreciate it. While the animation speeds are much better than they once were, turns are so long especially by end game that every little bit helps.

11. truetom

truetom Warlord

12. Txurce

Txurce Deity

"Friendly" is the attitude he has been maintaining with you - not how he actually feels. Similarly, some civs are your friends, but their attitudes remain "neutral." Bottom line ignore the attitude, and go with the messages in red.

13. wobuffet

wobuffet Barbarian

He's probably lying/being deceptive and waiting for the first opportunity to wage war on you.

14. bwoww78

bwoww78 Warlord

(which, btw, is the case with Monte in almost any relationship status other than hostile.)

15. truetom

truetom Warlord

Yea, thanks. He gets busted soon. ;)

16. apocalypse105

apocalypse105 Deity

IS what would ghandi do mod the correct version (version 6)?

I just saw it was enabled in this mod

17. Txurce

Txurce Deity

I'm not sure what the "correct" version is, but it works, has worked with this mod almost since inception, and has been part of this mod soon after that.

18. Seek

Seek Deity Supporter

Thal has modified WWGD beyond Sneaks' original mod as well - the "version" included in VEM is essentially it's own animal now.

19. Sneaks

Sneaks Brooklyn Bum

WWGD is now the name for the AI component of this mod based on my original work, then taken much further by Thal. While v6 is probably the last freestanding version, it should not be run with UP/VEM as it will actually overwrite changes made since then.

20. apocalypse105

apocalypse105 Deity

So basicly the version in this mod is better then V6 ok thanxs for the info