Getting Started

The issue with the tooltips is due to the way modding works in Civ V. Right now, there are several core files that multiple mods all need access to in order to do their jobs. One of those files is the InfoToolTipInclude.lua file, which contains all the coding for how the game handles tooltips. In order to edit these mods, it requires modders to overwrite the original. So, in this case, what was happening was the Balance Mods were overwriting that file, then WWGD was overwriting the same file, and all of Thal's changes with it. Since Thal has adopted my tooltip changes into his mod (and the whole mod in a future version), all you had to do was disable my overwrite by changing the file name.

Early report on the patch with TBC, WWGD, Custom Notifications, Info Addict and CivWillard:

1. The Sanitation text on the tech tree is garbled.

Early report on the patch with TBC, WWGD, Custom Notifications, Info Addict and CivWillard:

1. The Sanitation text on the tech tree is garbled.

2. Playing France I built a second city and automatically received a monument.

TBC will need some tweaking before it works properly, especially irt SPs. I'm going to start a couple vanilla games to see how it plays (particularly the new Tradition and Liberty trees) before jumping in with mods; good to know that Willard and Info Addict are working!:)

TBC will need some tweaking before it works properly, especially irt SPs. I'm going to start a couple vanilla games to see how it plays (particularly the new Tradition and Liberty trees) before jumping in with mods; good to know that Willard and Info Addict are working!:)

Yes, agreed!

2. Possible bug: received free tech of Sanitation (garbled) on t. 61. I don't know if Thal incorporated Tech Diffusion, but this seems pretty early anyway.
3. No iron anywhere near my civ (should TBC have provided it?).

Just installed this mod and it's currently the only one I have active, but when I started a new game none of the actions were available. For example, the action icons that usually allow my settler to build a city, move, etc. that are typically on the left side of the screen were absent.

Did I do something wrong or is this a problem with the mod?

Don't suppose there will be any way of salvaging pre patch saves? Getting sick of losing interesting games due to crappy steam downloading a crappy patch. :(
I kind of wish the devs would stick to working on AI and leave the balance issues to the mods. :D

It "works" already. The question probably would be what further beta adjustments will be made.

That's why I asked for an ETA of the "adaptation".

It works, but it was planned based on the old version without the changes this patch introduced.

So, while it "works", it also probably don't deserve the name "balance" anymore.

So, while it "works", it also probably don't deserve the name "balance" anymore.

Not sure what you mean by this... The game is still much more balanced with this mod imo.

That's why I asked for an ETA of the "adaptation".

It works, but it was planned based on the old version without the changes this patch introduced.

The beta version had already addressed many of the new patch changes before it came out. I think the target for the public version is Thursday.

HELP! I was playing with TBC, WWGD, Custom Notifications, Info Addict and CivWillard, et. al. and 6 turns away from the utopia project and once i got my laptop back online Steam auto-downloaded the new patch and now I can't open my save game!!!

is there anyway i can revert to the previous patch to finish off this last game? i never go for a cultural win and was kind of looking forward to getting that completed...

thanks in advance for any help you can give!

EDIT: FYI for amatuers, after steam downloads a patch, it deselects all your mods. I didn't notice this, but once i reselected what i was working with, i could at least load the game. Let's just hope it lasts 6 more turns... sorry!

@jacyp
From the first post on the thread:
Please watch the website for patch 1.0.1.217 updates: civmodding.wordpress.com[/CENTER]

The ETA and a compatible version are up on the site. I haven't seen any bug reports past normal vanilla game issues and such, so I believe the download is a fully-working version.

The patch only adapted about ~20% of this mod's content so there's still a long way to go before the game is truly balanced. :)

@bwoww78
Hope you manage to finish your game! :goodjob:

Not sure what you mean by this... The game is still much more balanced with this mod imo.

Maybe, but what I've meant is that it will be more balanced after Thalassicus take a look at all the changes of things that he tried to address too (like policy trees, UA - while they didn't change directly, other changes in the game changed their usefulness, like the changes in golden ages are linked with Darius UA, for example - etc)

And Thalassicus always said that he wasn't up to big changes in the core gameplay of the vanilla game, he aims only to balance. So he re-designed the policy tree in the previous version having the devs' intention in mind. If that intention has changed, I believe he will follow the change and adapt the mod.

@jacyp

The ETA and a compatible version are up on the site. I haven't seen any bug reports past normal vanilla game issues and such, so I believe the download is a fully-working version.

The patch only adapted about ~20% of this mod's content so there's still a long way to go before the game is truly balanced. :)

Thanks, when I asked for the ETA I didn't see that on the first post. I'll keep the site in my favorites.

And keep up the good job mate, your mod is the reason I still play CIV 5, I say that in any thread I get involved.

The mod works very good! But although I am in the year 900 BC, no civilizations have made any denouncements or declarations of friendship so far. Is this intended?

Furthermore the new official patch leads to a small pop-up on the right side with terrain info. It appears immediately when the mouse trigger is anywhere on the map. As this is a very nice feature (otherwise one has to wait long for terrain info to appear) I miss it after enabling the newest mod-version.

UPDATE: The AI doesn't conduct any diplomacy at all. No request for not settling, no research agreements, no denouncements, no declarations of friendship, no war declarations...becomes quite boring on the diplomatic side of life ;)

Top Bottom