[BNW] Getting sudden and frequent crashes only during the late game in Windows 10.

jack3552

Chieftain
When I get into the late game and there are tons of units etc, the game will just close partway through a turn, with no warning. Doesn't freeze, just insta-closes the game. It's usually when I press a button to open the tech screen, choose production, or end turn (particularly the tech screen). On the recommendation of various threads I found, I've tried running the game in Windows 8 compatibility mode, updating my graphics drivers, verifying the game files in steam, and using directX 9 instead of 10/11 (12 is what I have installed, but I've been told it's backwards compatible). Nothing has worked, and I'm desperate for anything else to try.

I'm playing with Vox Populi, but no other mods. I considered trying to test it without Vox Pop, but honestly I'm not interested in playing the game without it so it's a bit of a moot point. My suspicion is this is a Windows 10 thing and nothing to do with the mod, but I'm not sure.

I've uploaded a dxdiag file to show my specs, but it's well above the recommended requirements and I usually play on highest settings. I've also tried turning down the settings to lower quality which has also not helped.

Any help will be hugely appreciated.

Attachments

• DxDiag.txt
    84.2 KB · Views: 117
Last edited:
Did this problem begin recently or has it always happened? If just recently, can you associate it with some change in your system (such as a Windows update)?

I only started playing the game again after a hiatus of several years, and this is my first time playing it on this computer. I suppose that's not very helpful diagnostically, but that's the situation.

Check in the Vox Populi forum (which I think is here) for known bugs. Also to make sure that you're using the most recent version.

Top Bottom