1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[BNW] Getting sudden and frequent crashes only during the late game in Windows 10.

Discussion in 'Civ5 - Technical Support' started by jack3552, Aug 21, 2019.

1. jack3552

jack3552 Chieftain

When I get into the late game and there are tons of units etc, the game will just close partway through a turn, with no warning. Doesn't freeze, just insta-closes the game. It's usually when I press a button to open the tech screen, choose production, or end turn (particularly the tech screen). On the recommendation of various threads I found, I've tried running the game in Windows 8 compatibility mode, updating my graphics drivers, verifying the game files in steam, and using directX 9 instead of 10/11 (12 is what I have installed, but I've been told it's backwards compatible). Nothing has worked, and I'm desperate for anything else to try.

I'm playing with Vox Populi, but no other mods. I considered trying to test it without Vox Pop, but honestly I'm not interested in playing the game without it so it's a bit of a moot point. My suspicion is this is a Windows 10 thing and nothing to do with the mod, but I'm not sure.

I've uploaded a dxdiag file to show my specs, but it's well above the recommended requirements and I usually play on highest settings. I've also tried turning down the settings to lower quality which has also not helped.

Any help will be hugely appreciated.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 21, 2019
  2. Petek

Petek Alpha Centaurian Administrator Supporter

Did this problem begin recently or has it always happened? If just recently, can you associate it with some change in your system (such as a Windows update)?

3. jack3552

jack3552 Chieftain

I only started playing the game again after a hiatus of several years, and this is my first time playing it on this computer. I suppose that's not very helpful diagnostically, but that's the situation.

4. Petek

Petek Alpha Centaurian Administrator Supporter

Check in the Vox Populi forum (which I think is here) for known bugs. Also to make sure that you're using the most recent version.