Getting your custom Civ to show up in game & Worldbuilder after patch 1.0.0.62

Jerk

Chieftain
Patch 1.0.0.621 should make this fix obsolete. This thread should no longer need a sticky and can die a natural death. Spoiler has old information for those that care to view.

Spoiler Original fix :
There is a known issue with custom civilizations not showing up in game or causing a pre-patch modded saved game to crash on load.

In the patch process they changed the games main civ5civilizations.xml file. What they did is they removed an old tag that the original game was not even using. The problem is that if you cut, pasted, and edited an existing civilization you probably left that unsupported tag in. The unsupported tag is also in Kael's Mod Guide. This causes the game to not "see" your new civilization.

Fortunately the fix is really simple. Go into your mod's xml file that contains the custom civ's information and simply remove the line containing the following tag:
Code:
<Civilopedia>TXT_KEY_CIV5_XXX</Civilopedia>

More Details Here

Perhaps this might be worth a sticky until the hotfix addresses the issue.

Perhaps this might be worth a sticky until the hotfix addresses the issue.

:agree: and i appreciate this help.
Moderator Action: Sticky.

Please notifiy any of the assigned moderators when the problem is solved and the thread gets obsolete.

Ok I found these files and tried to open them with windows XML editor and I saw the line that needs to be deletes but the only problem is that I can't delete it. It seems to me to just be a view-only file.

I'm totally new to this XML thing. What do I need to do to delete the line? Pressing the delete button on my keyboard doesn't seem to do it. Is there another function I'm missing? Or do I need to do it through another program and how?

Try using a simple text editor like notepad to delete the line

I don't know what this means, if it means anything at all, but I just went into the game files to copy a civ to use as a template for my custom civ and the <Civilopeia> tag was either removed or never there to begin with. If it was there before the patch, I didn't notice. So maybe Firaxis decided that the tag was no longer needed?

I don't know what this means, if it means anything at all, but I just went into the game files to copy a civ to use as a template for my custom civ and the <Civilopeia> tag was either removed or never there to begin with. If it was there before the patch, I didn't notice. So maybe Firaxis decided that the tag was no longer needed?
That just means that Steam updated your files when you got patched. You know, like the first post said.

1.0.0.621 Should make it no longer necessary. Moderator: Please unstick.

Top Bottom