GI Joe Reskins - The Baroness & Cobra Troops

Greetings,

I have been doing some reskinning of the spy unit and created two versions of the Baroness. There are the original blue uniform and the much sexier black version. The blue was easier to do and easier to make look like the cartoon while the black had me take some liberties as I found out that in game the amount of detail that I has tried to put in was not showing up.

I have two questions which I hope some can help me out with:

1. I have played around with various gloss files and need to tone it down for in game, mostly on the legs, butt and hair. I have used the original gloss for the screenshots so I can get an opinion. I might add the leg bands or detailing the black one' boots and gloves once the gloss is not interfering with seeing them. I have just been bringing down the contrast and dimming the brightness. Is that the way to go or is there anything else that I might try?

2. When making a second save after working on the file, I was getting an error from PS7, something about a "problem with file-format module interface". I am running Windows 7 on a new machine and never had this problem with XP. I found it is fine to save without the alpha layer, but it will not save with an alpha layer unless I save as a copy, then rename it later. Bit of a pain. Anyone have thoughts or suggestions on this?

The .rar file includes folders of each version, but only one has the modern spy .dds which is needed for both. The .dds files are not alpha layered or civ coloured and are enlarged to 256 pixels so the Cobra symbol would look good. Each has their own .nif file too as I had to move some vertices around to make it nice. The .rar file also includes a button from the box art and a button from cartoon as well as a formatted leaderhead dds.

I am working on some Cobra troopers and what not for a Cobra civ to be put out later, but also a GI Joe mod based off Orbis as you might tell from the screenshots. I want to rework them with 256 pixel dds files as well.

Enjoy the units....please let me know if you plan to use them or have any suggestions or requests.

I would like to start grafting weapons and altering the polys when I reskin as soon as I can get Blender to import and export .nif files properly. I cannot initialize Blender to follow the various tutorials on here and would appreciate some advice on which versions of Blender, the nif pluggins and python might work. Thanks!

Attachments

• Baroness.rar
    558.3 KB · Views: 60
  • Baroness.jpg
    Baroness.jpg
    156.5 KB · Views: 338
  • Unit sample.jpg
    Unit sample.jpg
    295.4 KB · Views: 386
Top Bottom