Giant Death Robots

Status
Not open for further replies.
rcoutme said:
Ok, perfection, but what would the shield costs and techs required be? Does my civ get to build a Giant Death Robot UU? I definately want a GDR UU. It should be customizable, so the Japanese could have Mecha-Godzilla.
Well, shield costs detract from the awesomeness of the game, honestly what does a shield have to do with production? Production will be measured in I-beams. Huge hunks of high-quality carbon steel alloys, now that's what I call production! And of course there will be UUs, the Japs can have their mecha-godzilla type things, and the Americans will have Autobots Transformers, and the French will have the earliest UU, the Iron Crusher, a massive hunk of deadly iron from the twisted genius that is Gustave Eiffel! And customizability? That'll be there too, you'll be able to go to a screen where you can add weapons and stuff to your robot! As for the technology it will all be using awesome names, no sissy crap like "Ecology" and "Economics" that's for babies, the technologies will be like "Superheated Plasma" and "Ultrahard Steel," and you get to see the scientist in his lab talk about it, and he'll be the mad scientist type with the crazy hair, and you'll see all kinds of awesome 3D rendered equipment in the background like proton accelerators and nuclear reactors!

Oh and btw the abbreviation "GDR" is awesome

the mormegil said:
I doubt even a Giant Death Robot could withstand the awesome power of Giant Radioactive Monkeys on pogo-sticks.
Pah, one blast of superheated plasma from a Narwhal 3000 would reduce your beloved monkey to nothing but vapor!

LLXerxes said:
Boring. If they put this in, they should atleast make it optional. :lol: :lol: :rolleyes: ;) :p
But it's not a tottaly dumb idea. I see the creativity.
Boring?!?! The only thing that's boring in this game would be the underground robots that tunnel behind enemy lines and pop up through the ground in a surprise attack!

You know what is really boring? Regular civilization! What do you want some sissy game for babies or a game for real people?

King Alexander said:
Wow!!! Absolutely fantastic!!! I can't wait when Firaxis will make this tremendous action-packed game!!! Now, I know you've probably did it, but I'll ask anyway: Do you patended- copyrighted the title so nobody else "steal" it? Go and sell it immediately for 1 billion "Real" Giant Death Robots.
I do it for the love of the game, not for love of money, sellout!

Highgeneral said:
GDRs is a great idea i mean really. I hade a idea like yours it was Motherships it would be a new way to win each nation may build a mother ship when compleat it will fire death rays on enemy citys it would be builted like the space ship only it would be a powerful weapon
Pffft. First off your idea isn't awesome because motherships suck compared to Giant Death Robots. Second, you only built one and the don't fight each other just go around destroying other civs, what's the fun in that? None, a bitter struggle between multiple civs in a web of alliances and intrigue is WAY better. So why don't you peddle your lame idea somewhere else?

Moss321 said:
Hmm...I registered a month after you, and I've never even been warned. ;)

Oh and I don't think the Giant Robot thing is going to work out. Although I must applaud your efforts.
Well, goody two shoes, of course it would work out! It has the most important ingredient, awesomenessosity!

Mother ship would be able to fight each other each nation could build a mother ship and they could do battle i think there is room for mothership and GDRs in civ.4

Highgeneral said:
Mother ship would be able to fight each other each nation could build a mother ship and they could do battle i think there is room for mothership and GDRs in civ.4
No! Motherships are only moderately awesome, to add them would ruin the extreme awesomeness of the GDRs. It would be like adding hamburger to fillet mignon! Your idea is sub-awesomal and shall have no place in the game!

Perfection said:
Boring?!?! The only thing that's boring in this game would be the underground robots that tunnel behind enemy lines and pop up through the ground in a surprise attack!

You know what is really boring? Regular civilization! What do you want some sissy game for babies or a game for real people?

I guess your right. :confused:
Maybe.
I meant to say it wasn't all that good.

LLXerxes said:
I guess your right. :confused:
Maybe.
Perfection is always right! Best you learn that before you make a fool out of yourself!

LLXerxes said:
I meant to say it wasn't all that good.
What object is "it" refering to? Pronoun use is good, but only if it's easy to tell what the pronoun stands for. I can think of two possibilities for what your pronoun refers to: my idea or regular civilization. Please specify "it" so I can further dicuss/belittle your point.

Quite an interesting idea, almost sounds like a whole different game, but why not just make your own mod in regular civ3, there are many future units in the forums and then everyone could fully comprehend this craziness that you propose. Who knows, maybe Firaxis will be so impressed they will make their own "future conquest" in civ 4 based on your idea. :lol:

Dease said:
Quite an interesting idea, almost sounds like a whole different game, but why not just make your own mod in regular civ3, there are many future units in the forums and then everyone could fully comprehend this craziness that you propose. Who knows, maybe Firaxis will be so impressed they will make their own "future conquest" in civ 4 based on your idea. :lol:
You can't just mod it into Civ 3! It's not just moving giant death robots on the map! It's also having massive full screen beautifully rendered 3D battles with the robots! We're talking about full scale thermonuclear giant death robot action! Little tiny pixelated icons are an insult to the awesome nature of giant death robots!

You really need to get laid.

Perfection said:
You can't just mod it into Civ 3! It's not just moving giant death robots on the map! It's also having massive full screen beautifully rendered 3D battles with the robots! We're talking about full scale thermonuclear giant death robot action! Little tiny pixelated icons are an insult to the awesome nature of giant death robots!
Why don't you do it? Tell us when you're done. :D

Gengis Khan said:
You really need to get laid.
Bah! The flesh of women is weak! All that really matters is made of cold hard metal (and certain plastic composites).

Tomoyo said:
Why don't you do it? Tell us when you're done. :D
I am too busy crushing the weak to program it! That's why I'm telling the world what needs to be done!

Pffft! If an American has a good idea all you folks try to go credit the Japanese, this was inspired only by AMERICAN comics such as Autobots Transformers, and Power Rangers! If you like Japan so much why don't you pack your bags and leave![/QUOTE]
Dude your actualy making sense. :cry:

Ballazic said:
Dude your actualy making sense. :cry:
Yeah, I feel your pain too. We all can't be as good as me. It's just a sad fact of nature that everyone else is but a dim LED compared my supernova of brilliance. :(

This is going to turn into a debate weither or not we should change the entire system to a fighting engine with Godzilla, Monthra and all their crew.

akillias said:
This is going to turn into a debate weither or not we should change the entire system to a fighting engine with Godzilla, Monthra and all their crew.
Hopefully not, as that would destroy my creative vision. Godzilla and Mothra are beasts; beasts are for the crude and unrefined! A sophisticated person would have the understanding that nothing is superior to Giant Death Robots. Big animals are messy, stupid, ugly and made of weak weak flesh; Giant Death Robots are clean (some are gritty, but that's different), often superintelligent, marvels of artistic creativity, and made of the strongest metals (and in some cases plastic composite or some awesome nanotechnologically created protetective sheath)!

Old SNL commercial
Old Lady #1: When my ex-husband passed away, the insurance company said his
policy didn't cover him.
Old Lady #2: They didn't have enough money for the funeral.
Old Lady #3: It's so hard nowadays, with all the gangs and rap music..
Old Lady #1: What about the robots?
Old Lady #4: Oh, they're everywhere!
Old Lady #1: I don't even know why the scientists make them.
Old Lady #2: Darren and I have a policy with Old Glory Insurance, in case
we're attacked by robots.
Old Lady #1: An insurance policy with a robot plan? Certainly, I'm too old.
Old Lady #2: Old Glory covers anyone over the age of 50 against robot
attack, regardless of current health.
[ cut to Sam Waterston, Compensated Endorser ]
Sam Waterson: I'm Sam Waterston, of the popular TV series "Law & Order". As
a senior citizen, you're probably aware of the threat robots pose. Robots
are everywhere, and they eat old people's medicine for fuel. Well, now
there's a company that offers coverage against the unfortunate event of
robot attack, with Old Glory Insurance. Old Glory will cover you with no
health check-up or age consideration. [ SUPER: Limitied Benefits First Two
Years ] You need to feel safe. And that's harder and harder to do nowadays,
because robots may strike at any time. [ show pie chart reading "Cause of
Death in Persons Over 50 Years of Age": Heart Disease, 42% - Robots, 58% ]
And when they grab you with those metal claws, you can't break free..
because they're made of metal, and robots are strong. Now, for only $4 a
month, you can achieve peace of mind in a world full of grime and robots,
with Old Glory Insurance. So, don't cower under your afghan any longer. Make
a choice. [ SUPER: "WARNING: Persons denying the existence of Robots may be
Robots themselves. ] Old Glory Insurance. For when the metal ones decide to
come for you - and they will.

CT, you should'a just killed this thread, stomped it like Gamorra

Pink tiny fluffy benevolent with healing powers GIANT DEATH ROBOTS
thats what this game needs.

or how about iGDR's (invisible GIANT DEATH ROBOTS) that can be produced every 3 turns by the iiGDRpe3tf (invisible invisible GIANT DEATH ROBOTS production every 3 turns facility) small wonder?

You know Steam Power is far too long to wait for Giant Death Robots. Once you have mysticism, you should be able to call upon the power of the gods to create Giant Death Robots made of stone or wood or something like that.

Zamphyr said:
CT, you should'a just killed this thread, stomped it like Gamorra
Great spirits have always encountered
violent opposition from mediocre minds.
-Albert Einstein

Garbarsardar.jr said:
Pink tiny fluffy benevolent with healing powers GIANT DEATH ROBOTS
thats what this game needs.
No Way! If they are tiny they are not giant and hence cannot be Giant Death Robots. If you want something tiny, go play with your miniture doll house with your cute little dollies, but if you want something awesome you'll have to go big! Also fluffiness is not allowed either; the whole point of Giant Death Robots is to be towers of metal (and in some cases plastic composite or some awesome nanotechnologically created protective sheath). Fluffiness makes that smooth technological look impossible! Lastly benevolence is not what we need, what we need is malevolence!

However, a robot with healing powers would be awesome. It would be a robot that can fix other robots with its massive arc-welder hand which it could also use as a weapon. It could walk up to other Giant Death Robots and zap their circuitry making them all crazy!

Garbarsardar.jr said:
or how about iGDR's (invisible GIANT DEATH ROBOTS) that can be produced every 3 turns by the iiGDRpe3tf (invisible invisible GIANT DEATH ROBOTS production every 3 turns facility) small wonder?
First off, there are no small wonders when it comes to Giant Death Robots! Second off, invisable robots will exist from the modren age and beyond; they use microcameras and stuff! As for the stupid abbreviation and facility ideas, they won't be incorperated as the abbreviations aren't awesome sounding and the facility defeats the purpose of having customizable robots!

snipelfritz said:
You know Steam Power is far too long to wait for Giant Death Robots. Once you have mysticism, you should be able to call upon the power of the gods to create Giant Death Robots made of stone or wood or something like that.
We don't need the earlier "loser ages." It all starts in the industrial age eschewing all that garbage that the other ages had! Perhaps if you've read all my posts here you'd understand that! Also no gods can create Giant Death Robots, for Giant Death Robots are gods!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom