Discussion in 'Civ - Ideas & Suggestions' started by Perfection, Apr 13, 2004.
You're puttin waaaaaaaaay to much effort into something thats never gonna happen.
O.K I Got it
We need a
HYPERGALACTIC GARGLEZOX MEGAAPOCALYPTIG TERAFORMSUPRASTELLAR MULTICOMPOUND
first, and then we can really start talking about production of
GIANT DEATH ROBOTS
i agree WildFire
Moderator Action: This thread's getting too spammy. Thread closed.
Please read the forum rules: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=422889
Well, I'm back!
Yes, I'm back!
Well, I'm back!
Yes, I'm back!
Well, I'm back, back.
Well, I'm back in black, yes, I'm back in black.
Now, this thread has been reopened by Chieftess because of it's immense awesomeness, but you have to behave yourselves! I know that in altered state of reality that you're in because of the mind-blowing ideas of mine, and that it really makes you want to post spammy messages, but you must resist the urge! You must resist it at all costs. THIS IS A NO SPAMMING ZONE.
Now that we've gotten that cleared up on to the commentary!
Should we not try to make a cure for cancer because some say it's never going to happen? Should we not reach for the heavens and try to visit the stars because some say it's never going to happen? Should we not try to slow aging because some say immortality is impossible? "Naysayers be damned," I say! The results of a game of such incomprehensible greatness is worth the fight! Giant Death Robots...Shall Live!
See, that's just stupid. For the following reasons:
1. It's obviously made up! I use stuff based on actual science. You just string random words together. Random is not cool especially for machines that do things so precise and accurately that they would make a Swiss watchmaker weep!
2. It contains the word "gargle", gargle is what puny humans do to remove the foul aftertaste of blood when they cough it up after being struck down by a Giant Death Robot! This is word for puny humans with thier weak flesh and fragile bones. No, the words composing a Giant Death Robot's name must be high-tech, sleek, robust, grand and definitly strong. There is no room for weaklings in this game save a shallow grave!
3. It contains only capital letters. That's just plain wrong!
4. It's too long. Stringing too many awesome words/prefixes/suffixes together and it loses its effect. I call it "inverse awesomality." That is when awesome words are strung together for no purpose the become inversely awesomal that is by cramming in more awesome words you actually detract from its level of awesomeness. This is because it begins to sound forced and stupid! Your phrase suffers greatly from inverse awesomization and so is inferior. It shouldn't take someone an awesomologist to figure that out!
Was that neccesary to say? Were you so burning with hatred toward all that is pure and aweome that you had to resort to such low levels of spam? That message was just plain sick!
Now back to the topic, we all know that my idea is the awesomest in the universe, but I still think there are ways to make it even more aweome.
I just want one giant death robot that emits fire from its mouth and says "REMEMBER ME"
If that's considered spam, I wholeheartedly apologize!
That's sub-awesomal. What would be really cool is if we had a Giant Death Robot that could self reassemble. So an Enemy Giant Death Robot would blast it to bits, but then after a couple weeks it will have completly rebuilt itself. Then it would sneak up behind the enemy robot twist its neck 180 degrees breaking all kinds of cords and stuff and then when it's face to face say "Remember Me?" and let go and the enemy robot twitches and writhes on the ground for a minute and then gets vaporized!
This got reopened!?
By persistant request, but I'll be watching the thread closely.
Okay, I fixed the VB code, and spelling in that post .
What the hell am i doing back? Any way "IF" there are GDRs I want them, to fire laser cannons, and for steam power robots to fire some kind of gattling gun. Well thats all I can think of now.
There needs to be a real ultimate giant ninja death robot, that can form into one massive samauri robot from it's five neatly colored parts. Oh God, everyone would kill me if I won Kinboat's lottery! But I think I know what I want him to make if I win.
I know I've mentioned laser weaponry before, but I may have neglected to put down gattling guns. Either way they both will be there.
Silly Neomega! Ninja-bots can't become Samauri-bots! Ninja-bots have no honor! Ninja-bots are sneaky assassin GDRs that move very quickly and are invisable due to the use of microcameras! They sneak up from behind and take you out quickly! Samauri-bots are quite different; they have a code of honor and so will not squish cities and slay the local population. They are better armored but slower than Ninja-bots and are very skilled on the open battlefield. Now in terms of composite type robots those have been allready discussed and shall be present in the game!
Perfection Will some GDRs fly? Will they have GDRs for the seas? I want a GDR with 2 rocket launchers. And i don't want to see a GDR be defeated by a damn spearman,you know like tanks do.
Ummm, that was mentioned in the very first post. Please read it.
It will be customizable, with plenty of weapons availabe. You be able to configure to your hearts content!
Again something allready mentioned in this thread, there won't be spearmen because spearmen are from the "loser ages". No mere mortal destroys a GDR!
Crap! Not this thread again!
and yet again someone has gone nuts and has flew off the nest to his death, horrible idea
I'm sorry that the presence of a thread marked "Giant Death Robots" in a forum with 49 others on the first page alone, offends you to such a degree that you have to resort to whining about it! If you don't like the awesomest idea in the history of the universe why don't you go make a better one in your own thread?
Cry me a river, lamoid! My idea is WAY better than all of yours for the following reasons:
1. It's action packed, we're talking about full scale thermonuclear Giant Death Robot action; this will be an actually fun game not a sissy game for babies!
2. It's awesome, we've got robots that do really cool things and say really cool things!
3. It has better graphics, that's right it will be the most beautifully rendered 3d game ever created. Oh, and don't whine about system requirements. It's not my fault that mommy and daddy bought you a crappy computer!
4. It'll come with Giant Death Robot posters! Not only can you play with Giant Death Robots on your computer but you'll have posters to spruce up your room with, and stickers too!
5. It'll smell like hotcakes!
I'd post more but I don't want to further humiliate you. I believe you have learned your lesson!
Did you mean "smell" or "sell" in #5?
Yes, I agree with Perfection. Giant Death Robots would make a fine addition to the civ universe. After all what could be better than having a game where you can obliterate your enemy with giant robots wielding plasma cannons, disruptors, flamethrowers, missles, mini nukes and gattling guns. It'll be like mechwarrior only in civ.
I think I'll go submit an idea for civIV.
Separate names with a comma.