Giant Earth Map modern resources for ROM (request/need assistance)

1stcontact2035

Great Scientist
This is a request that the modern resources version of the Giant Earth Map be converted by someone for Rise of Mankind. At that I would hope a version would be created with accurate starting locations as well that includes all the civs from Rise of Mankind, instead of just an ancient or Old World Civ (or for that matter just a modern Civ version).

I'm also hoping someone could convert the most up to date version of Giant Earth Map to Rise of Mankind. In all honesty, I've tried converting the map to work in Rise of Mankind myself and then edit it to my liking, however I must admit that I kept getting into the issue of being defeated upon entry. If someone can even provide a worldbuilder file that is just Giant Earth Map modern resources (up to date, 6.3 or 6.4) converted to work (actually allow a player to start the game without being defeated upon entry) and even no additional work, I can try to take it from there. Of course it might look better if someone else did it - but that can be said of anyone. I'll of course do my best, and would prefer it if someone with more experience converted the map entirely, but I'm more than willing to tackle this with or without help, so long as someone assists me with that first hurdle of actually being able to get into worldbuilder to edit the map.

I actually have created one where I took GEM, and put all the resources on the map and scaled them accurately on with the real world as well as true scaled city sizes. I also have the map that has most all current countries and am currently placing units on scale on the map. All of this work is done...the only thing I'm waiting for is Afforess to begin working on ROM:AND again to fix all the bugs that I listed in the AND thread. Once the bugs are corrected, I will release the map for everyone (not going to put more time into the map if all those major bugs remain as the game is not playable with them in the late game).

Ah, forgot about this thread. Turns out I did finish up at least a first version of a map, modmod, and scenario to go along with it.

I'll post later on after I compile all of it together. I have to do some basic editing to get it presentable but it should be ready within a day or two (I'll probably just start a new thread in modmods since the project turned completely around from a simple map conversion).

Top Bottom