Give bad advice

Indeed. I used to try and make my gameplay better so that I could beat deity/sid, but now I just don't care. I play to have fun. And win. But mostly fun. Winning's nice too. But fun is more important. Okay, winning is more important.
I agree with you, but can't believe no-one has called me on the Max Powers joke.

Bad Advice 2003 1/2 - Get orf moi LAND! - Shoot to kill when the AI sends settlers/spearmen across your land to found concessions near where coal will be in three millennia's time. You could always do with a hostile neighbour, particularly the Aztecs or the Japanese with samurai.

Always follow the advice in this thread. It promises a victory by 3950 BC.

Even the items that include tanks and suchlike? :D

Even the items that include tanks and suchlike? :D
That's for the noobs, who may not be able to act on the advice correctly and therefore need a little extra time to finish. But if you aren't finishing by 3950BC within a few weeks of gameplay after coming here, you're not following our advice enough.

Bad advice: Believe explorers are useless... especially on a Huge map where you need to whack the AIs.

For NickyH... that's what the 5 kings you get on "Mass Regicide" are for.... they move 2 tiles at a crack, and if they're attacked by barbs, they've a better than even chance of surviving... plus, it seems that the goody hut results are considerably better using the "kings" to pop 'em...

So...

If we're giving BAD advice....

(whatever the number is...): Never move your "kings" from your capitol; they're useless for anything except decoration.

in my latest game ı had 7 Osmans , 4 of them running around and the sciences they found gave me a science leader .

and for the spirit of the thread ı have a discovery for me in the game mentioned above but you may have seen it before .You should really invest your time in totally railroading your country so that you can save on defensive units and while cultural borders slow down the opposition you can defend the country with a few Sipahi . Anyhow when the enemy cavalry enters your territory get next to him and try attacking still pressing G , you will circle the enemy making him dizzy and in the end he will fall off his horse .A safe bet , your unit will always survive .

and only to make my posts on different themes distinct instead of increasing the number of posts ; follow moderators' advice not to fully read the newbee thread of 450 pages , where right in the first page where they discuss a way to better use the Great Library . Or in thread spirit you can and you will have absolutely no time to play Civ .

oopps , that would be bad ...

That thread is more the exception than the rule. In other threads, we would expect you to at least attempt to read the thread. But the QA/NQ thread was specifically designed to have someone post and not expect them to read the thread. Yes, you're going to miss some great advice. But that's okay, because information overload is a bad thing. Especially with something as complex as this game.

You should really invest your time in totally railroading your country so that you can save on defensive units and while cultural borders slow down the opposition you can defend the country with a few Sipahi

That's good advice.

Basic guide to play civilization 3 conquest with standard rules:

1. Build none of early military unit, they are lame. Wait until you can get best ones in modern age, it will save your income and shield.
2. Don't explore with your scout too far, they are best fortified at your capital. You need them to scouting for talented peoples in the city they might produce great leaders.
3. You should consider your cities placement, good cities are those built near volcano, marsh, dessert, tundra & jungle. You should give spaces between cities, far distance are better. Keep doing this as you will get closer to space race victory!
4. Beware of resources, if you have too many on you then your neighbors might get jealous and gang up to attack you.
5. Give your techs as gift to others. They might appreciate your friendship and share things with you in return. Moreover each time you did you will get closer to diplomatic victory!
6. Anarchy is the best government; you don't need to pay for maintenance cost, and no war weariness. Even better if you have cities in disorder, others might impress and afraid of how barbaric and corrupted of your citizen are. Therefore you will rarely attack by other and might archive domination victory!
7. Growth are important for you to pop rush. Pick a building, pop rush it and then switch is to gold repeat the process and your commerce will increase.
8. Give away cities, doing this would share your culture to others. Each time you did, you will get closer to cultural victory!
9. Finally to achieve conquest victory you must declared war on every nation on the same time, try to eliminate them on the same time.
10. Follow the guideline above if you did not met any victory condition, you will get histography victory at the end of the game.

9. Finally to achieve conquest victory you must declared war on every nation on the same time, try to eliminate them on the same time.

Isn't that another version of the Always War Variant?

My "advice":
1. Pikemen are excellent attackers: always send them into the lines of attack, while Longbowmen make perfect defenders.

Basic guide to play civilization 3 conquest with standard rules:

1. Build none of early military unit, they are lame. Wait until you can get best ones in modern age, it will save your income and shield.
2. Don't explore with your scout too far, they are best fortified at your capital. You need them to scouting for talented peoples in the city they might produce great leaders.
3. You should consider your cities placement, good cities are those built near volcano, marsh, dessert, tundra & jungle. You should give spaces between cities, far distance are better. Keep doing this as you will get closer to space race victory!
4. Beware of resources, if you have too many on you then your neighbors might get jealous and gang up to attack you.
5. Give your techs as gift to others. They might appreciate your friendship and share things with you in return. Moreover each time you did you will get closer to diplomatic victory!
6. Anarchy is the best government; you don't need to pay for maintenance cost, and no war weariness. Even better if you have cities in disorder, others might impress and afraid of how barbaric and corrupted of your citizen are. Therefore you will rarely attack by other and might archive domination victory!
7. Growth are important for you to pop rush. Pick a building, pop rush it and then switch is to gold repeat the process and your commerce will increase.
8. Give away cities, doing this would share your culture to others. Each time you did, you will get closer to cultural victory!
10. Follow the guideline above if you did not met any victory condition, you will get histography victory at the end of the game.

:lol: Excellent (bad) strategy guide! All the more so since it makes some sense despite being such generally bad advice. I especially like the space race victory one!

4823. If you are any form of government other than Despotism or Monarchy, you will have to share your rule with the AI. Therefore, the other forms of government are all much worse than either Despotism or Monarchy. Communism and Democracy are the worst, as then you get hardly any more influence than any of the millions of virtual citizens in your empire. And in Fascism, if you do one action that doesn't follow the party doctrine, it's out with you and you've lost the game.

Always start on diety level and foritify your settler instead of building a city with it. Do this, and the AI will think your so pathetic they will leave you alone.

Always start on diety level and foritify your settler instead of building a city with it. Do this, and the AI will think your so pathetic they will leave you alone.

Especially if the AIs in question are Zululand, Germany, Mongolia and the Aztecs! :lol:

If you're playing an OCC game and an AI civ asks you to declare war on its enemy, agree to it. That way they can give you badly needed techs or gold.

Top Bottom