Giving in to Kings Demands ?

I thought I read somewhere that refusing the king's lump-sum demands means he'll raise taxes faster. No?

It has a very minor effect. You can trade a fraction of somewhere between 0.5% and 1% more/less goods per attitude point, before the tax increase. Unless you make him really-really mad at you, you will never notice the difference.

If you use Dales ModPatch giving him money will also make him "forget" some of your LB's, so he will increase the REF slower. This has a somewhat noticeable effect.

It's still not worth 2000 of your saved gold one turn before you could buy the Galleon.

I give money to king only when he asks under 100 gold and I have it plenty. It is very unfair that he asks 11000 to have rest when you have 11500 for example. Also there is no reward to give him money. If good relations with king guarantee less REF increase then it would have some point. Or when king would be furious enough with you he will DoW on you and you have to survive, you won't win the game after that but the REF would be reseted.

So what is the purpose of the king? What happens when he is furious with you? Does he come to invade earlier? or with more troops? What happens in the end? You will eventually fight him in the end... right?

I dont think he got any purpose :(
He's just someone you can hate personally, rather then the abstract motherland.

So king only tries to suck money out of you, try to f..k you with taxes, and eventually will invade you...

Is there an option to ask money lending from the king?

I dont think he got any purpose :(
He's just someone you can hate personally, rather then the abstract motherland.

You got it. I really think he should start at pleased, though. It doesn't make sense for him to be "Cautious" towards the guy he just sent to the New World to found a colony.

"I really don't know who you are or what you stand for, but take a royal charter to conquer another continent!"

You got it. I really think he should start at pleased, though. It doesn't make sense for him to be "Cautious" towards the guy he just sent to the New World to found a colony.

"I really don't know who you are or what you stand for, but take a royal charter to conquer another continent!"

If they had kept the original length of the game, there would have been room for a pleased phase. In the original Col, the king wasn't all that annoying in the beginning. Sometimes his declarations of war against other colonizing powers came at very inopportune moments, but there were other times when you wanted to fight that power anyway, and now the king gave you some money and soldiers to do it.

Of course, once you had acquired Benjamin Franklin as one of you Founding Fathers, wars in Europe no longer affected the New World.

Top Bottom