Global Politics Tab Misleading

Boogidyboo

Chieftain
Simply put, the Global Politics tab does not seem to be informing the player about all of the social policies an AI chooses. For example:

Nebuchadnezzar - Great General.jpg

Nebuchadnezzar has a Great General while having engaged in no combat whatsoever. We can only assume that he's chosen the first and second Honor social policies ("Honor" and "Warrior Code", respectively). However,

Nebuchadnezzar - 1 Honor Policy.jpg

As the global politics tab indicates, he only has 1 Social Policy while 2 are necessary for Warrior Code and the free Great General. You can see how this might be misleading to gullible players such as myself!: crazyeye:

-

About 150 turns later, the same thing happened with Catherine:

Catherine - Great General.jpg, however, Catherine - 1 Honor Policy.jpg.

-

Only a minor bug, and now that I know what's going on with the Global Politics tab, I won't be fooled again. Other people might, however, which is why I brought this issue here.

I believe you are misinterpreting the Diplomacy Overview. When that screen says "Honor: 1" it means that they have adopted the Honor tree and also taken 1 other policy in it; if they had just adopted the base Honor policy but nothing else, it will not show on the Diplomacy Overview.

It could be argued that this is a UI bug since the information is somewhat misleading, but I don't believe there is a problem with the Great General spawning. If you provide a save file this could be verified as the list of policies adopted by the AIs could be checked.

When that screen says "Honor: 1" it means that they have adopted the Honor tree and also taken 1 other policy in it; if they had just adopted the base Honor policy but nothing else, it will not show on the Diplomacy Overview.

It could be argued that this is a UI bug since the information is somewhat misleading, but I don't believe there is a problem with the Great General spawning.

After playing the game again and paying close attention to their building order, I can confirm that what you've described is indeed the case. I'll have to edit this thread a bit, methinks. Thanks for the enlightenment. ;)

Top Bottom