GMR 2050 Arrives

France is looking for closer relations in trade and science with the great Ottoman empire.
In this game you play as Austria rather than France :)
Maybe you need to write this message in GMR Cultural Warlords thread? :)

In this game you play as Austria rather than France :)
Maybe you need to write this message in GMR Cultural Warlords thread? :)

Bah. To many games!

Austria you say? Then I guess I'm just going to mess with the Maya instead, for kicks.

Need to request another revert...took my turn and was under the impression that it had submitted properly but just got the notification today that I was skipped.

As the Maya were so much eager to spread the religion, one of their Borobodur missionaries was caught captive by some barbarian CB unit to south of Palenque, the Maya's capital.
Pacal has been looking for any foreign military assistance in rescueing the holy people from the barbarian camp.
As a reward we promise all the spoils of war from the camp destructed and the missionary can be sent to preach in the cities of his saviors. Religious Community belief will be advantageous for any civ. :)
This request for help is mainly addressed to the neighbors which are Austria, Portugal and America.

I might be able to send a spearman north. Not playing religion this game so perhaps I can help you help me.

Agreed. I have also sent a unique unit and a spearman in this rescue mission. I believe that they will arrive in 5-6 turns to the barbarian camp.

America decided to DoW the Maya to seize my unprotected worker and at the same time it has lost the caravan moving to the Mayan city. The gringo are also on the bottom of military power. It was a really weird decision. :dubious:

But it did make you a little angry and now you will temporarily set aside your goals to get revenge. Good for the rest of us.

GMR failed to upload the save again, it seems; was skipped even though I'd submitted the turn. A revert would be appreciated.
Do you know if this a bug with GMR, or is the problem on my end? This has happened now a couple of times for me and I'm wondering if it isn't my crappy internet.

GMR failed to upload the save again, it seems; was skipped even though I'd submitted the turn. A revert would be appreciated.
Do you know if this a bug with GMR, or is the problem on my end? This has happened now a couple of times for me and I'm wondering if it isn't my crappy internet.
I am currently unable to enter GMR site to revert the turn for you. I will do that as soon as I can log in...
Once I had a mediocre internet connection, and it was frustrating for me to upload save files through GMR site. But it also might be not the issue at your end.

Seems as if I got Klion's turn. Maybe something went wrong in the revert? I'm going to leave it for now and let you check it with the admins, Rob. Don't want to mess it up more by reverting.

Seems as if I got Klion's turn. Maybe something went wrong in the revert? I'm going to leave it for now and let you check it with the admins, Rob. Don't want to mess it up more by reverting.

I think keep reverting will solve the problem

I think keep reverting will solve the problem
I did it. But it turned out to be a bad idea - the turn was reverted to Avl rather than Klionheart. :crazyeye:

I have sent a private message to Rillithain through GMR site and this forum. I hope that he can help us...

I did it. But it turned out to be a bad idea - the turn was reverted to Avl rather than Klionheart. :crazyeye:

I have sent a private message to Rillithain through GMR site and this forum. I hope that he can help us...

Then it must have been corrected. As there is a skipping between those two players?

Yes. Klionheart was automatically skipped. That kind of issue has already happened three times...

It happens with the resubmission feature of the desktop app. When the network is poor, the save file can be submitted, but the app thinks the submission was not properly done and ask for resubmission, which then skips the next player.

It happens with the resubmission feature of the desktop app. When the network is poor, the save file can be submitted, but the app thinks the submission was not properly done and ask for resubmission, which then skips the next player.
It seems you didn't understand what I meant.
Foffaren said that he was not able to play his turn, because he got the save file to be received by Klionh87. I am a host of this game, so I pressed "Revert Turn" button so the save file would be transmitted to Klionh87, because Klionh87 usually makes his turn before Foffaren does.
However, when I pressed the button, the turn was wrongly transmitted to avl8 and skipped Klionh87!

However, GMR Admins wrote that they have fixed the problem:
https://twitter.com/GMRobot/status/487339435885735938
The GMR Server is now running smoothly and we can proceed with our game. :)

Top Bottom