[R&F] Golden Age and Heroic Age discussion

kryat

King
Now that we’ve seen a little bit on golden ages, normal ages, and dark ages, can we play the wild speculation game about what heroic ages are all about?

If I remember correctly, a heroic age is a golden age that follows a dark age, where you get to pick three (out of four!) dedication bonuses. It sounded like you get a single dedication in normal or golden ages, but that they would be much more powerful in a golden age. In addition, your citizens are more loyal (1.5 loyalty per citizen/turn vs 1 per citizen/turn).

Some questions:

Can we guess that during a heroic age, the loyalty bonus is even higher?

Are each of the dedications further enhanced by a heroic age?

Are there any other bonuses we haven’t heard about?

Lastly, we’ve seen some of the dedication bonuses and they look incredibly powerful. Cities could start with extra pop, trade routes give tons of gold, what other dedications might there be?

I’m thinking the something around the space race has to be one during the atomic and modern era.

1D3E8259-0661-4971-97F6-408500920813.jpeg
For the record, here are the known dedications

Last edited by a moderator:
I think a heroic age is the same as a golden age, except that you get to choose 3/4 of the golden age bonuses instead of 1/4. I'm not sure if you get any other bonuses on top of the regular golden age ones in terms of loyalty.

Unfortunately it seems that the dedication system is broken, too. Like the belief or pathenon system(where goddess of harvest/ papal primacy being much more powerful than the sum of all others), maybe the 1st dedication is much stronger than the sum of all others(Like in the screenshot, monumentality is better than the sum of all other 3) , making heroic age(if it is designed to choose more dedications only) less useful.

View attachment 482949 For the record, here are the known dedications

In the livestream they indicated that the dedication bonuses varied both my Era and by type of Age (Golden, Normal, Dark). The ones in the livestream were Renaissance Golden Age. It seems likely that the better the age the more bonuses. E.g. the first one had 3 different effects—maybe the other Ages only have one or two effects.

For Eras it was indicated that certain types of dedications could appear in multiple Eras but the set of 4 would never be the same in all Eras.

monumentality is better than the sum of all other 3) , making heroic age(if it is designed to choose more dedications only) less useful.
I think it depends on play style. Monumentality is generally pretty good, but you don’t always need builders or settlers.

Exodus is incredibly powerful for religious victories. That nearly doubles the speed that you could spread religion, since it almost doubles their movement speed and number of uses.

The exploration one is great for setting up colonies after your intital continent is settled (+3 pop potentially saves dozens of turns).

The last one seemed to drastically increase GPT for the devs, plus you could have trade routes going through an enemy you’re at war with without fear of plunder.

Not only that, they would stack in heroic age, so in this instance, you could buy several settlers with faith, send them across a short ocean gap, start each new city with 4 pop, then buy new builders with faith purchase, then send trade routes back the long way around the world through barbarian territory.

Not only that, they would stack in heroic age, so in this instance, you could buy several settlers with faith, send them across a short ocean gap, start each new city with 4 pop, then buy new builders with faith purchase, then send trade routes back the long way around the world through barbarian territory.

Right, but the stacking itself is not very attractive. Since golden age already provide most of the bonuses (With 1 dedication), the stacking of heroic age just add a little fraction on it. The problem is that the strength of these dedications are broken so that even the sum of 2nd and 3rd is far not as good as the 1st one, so heroic age really don't provide much extra bonus.(compared with golden)

I wonder what would happen after Information Age, do all civs get stuck in golden age/dark age forever or will they just keep progressing ?

I wonder what would happen after Information Age, do all civs get stuck in golden age/dark age forever or will they just keep progressing ?
If global eras end at the Information Era, then it would be wise to be in a Dark Age during the Atomic Era and get a perpetual Heroic Age during the Information Era.

Ya i was thinking that too, but that would be get boring real soon
If global eras end at the Information Era, then it would be wise to be in a Dark Age during the Atomic Era and get a perpetual Heroic Age during the Information Era.

The era is global, and every global era takes an extremely long time. In fact I think you may fly your rocket before Global Era enters Industrial, or even earlier.

Top Bottom