Good job on doctrines people :)

Provolution

Sage of Quatronia
Please investigate the MSAV OOB thread in citizens forum. I have a final vision for our future military until Replacable Parts. Thanks to The Science Departments doctrinal planning on industry and growth science doctrine, the wonder doctrines of Culture Ministry (no suffrage but other military wonders), the Domestic fiscal policy plan of financial guidelines and worker project programs, the Trade Departments reorganization into specialty offices and so on has made the MSAV planning much more reasonable and useful to the citizens of Japanatica. Based on this cohesional and democratically evolved doctrines, charters and policies with a long term objective, we can now organize our military as it should be, to serve this civilian interests 100 %.

All I need now is some more initiative from the Foreign Affairs Office to develop a similar doctrinal plan on how to handle our neighbors beyond Defcon 1-5 alert level.
We cannot run foreign diplomacy by alert levels alone. And honestly, I cannot see a diplomatic victory coming without any proactive plan on how to pick enough allies for a major vote with our present unpopularity.

I am also very happy with the work done by our Mayors and Governors, which make military planning all the time more realistic and constructive.

Provolution said:
All I need now is some more initiative from the Foreign Affairs Office to develop a similar doctrinal plan on how to handle our neighbors beyond Defcon 1-5 alert level.
We cannot run foreign diplomacy by alert levels alone. And honestly, I cannot see a diplomatic victory coming without any proactive plan on how to pick enough allies for a major vote with our present unpopularity.

The doctrine that I have plan to set for the FAs department is to ensure that we dont become entangled in any more wars. We give into demands that we feel that is fair, we reject demands that involves gold that will take a bite out of our tech race, gold, and maps. With my peace and honor in my plan, I would seek out any Protection treaties that would be possible. I would work with the Trade department to secure a sucsessful trade partnership. Since ATM, gifts and RoPs would be the only way to gain good standings with our neighbors.

With a doctrine, I mean, as if I should have written it, would be how to handle each nation for each potential contingency and plan for Term IV, and then poll some of it.
For example. I presented a "Marilyn Doctrine", where we should prioritize our continents interests first, and make our neighbors partners and client states in stage one.
Which means, befriend our close neighbors first.
Then, develop a total trade, aid, alliance, passage and espionage policy for each and every nation in a total system. I want you to be the Bismark or Metternich of Japanatica, not some random minded James Baker III or some other failure in building long term coalitions. So a doctrine requires foresight and deep thinking as well as discussion, presentation and polling, which means you must be ahead, and don't improvize to crises coming up, but have prepared policies to deal with them.
I give this as friendly advice, since DZ reisgned over the FP and so on, and beyond being a mr sweetguy as DZ wants us to be, we need to consider national interests, resources, power balance, techs, wonders and so on.

Nobody is sick of doctrines, everybody loves doctrines LOL :)

Take a step back, slow down, and fight off the beauracracy!

I am rather proud to have fought down ad-hoc impromptu Anarco-Syndicalism AND Spartacist political dogma in order to make this game more mature, deep and democratic.
IF I was a different person, I woukd just quietly post MSAV orders and give a damn.

ad-hoc impromptu Anarco-Syndicalism AND Spartacist political dogma

geez, that sounds more like dogma than what anyone else said. and what even sounds more dogma/facist is the way you taged everyone who disagrees with you as "Embryonic" (but i guess iam just being Embryonic)

LOL Nobody, there are some finer aspects of humor and irony, but some grain of truth to it :) I am not fascist at all, I have democratized war operation contingency plans and military unit builds. With Embryonic I mean those who call for simple solutions, never plan ahead, go for simple conquests, have no rules of war, expand as blob of primal slime to conquer the neighbors more by spinal impulse. Embryonic is the informal attempt at planning, yelling the other side to silence, abusing raw strength to avoid aspects of concerted democracy on war planning. Embryonic is making Civ less civilized, the more plans we discuss and poll, the more democracy and involvement we get. This is also why I in the reforms transfer instruction power to the generals and admirals, so that more people may be directly responsible for operational planning, and if needed implementation.

I just want a more structured and organized way to handle war planning, and just calling for more blood without good reasons, good plans or good organization, is just plain embryonic. Notice the strong improvement in reporting, presentation, coordination
and polling to previous terms, and notice that focus has changed for personal persecution to working on the strategy issues.

Top Bottom