Good Mod

Ronin228

Chieftain
I'm interested in installing a Civ 4 mod, but which are good? I see many in the Mod forum, but I want a recommendation on which is one of the better mods to install?

Wow! Another one of these threads.
Try SevoMod 3, Total Realism 2.0, Fall From Heaven (1 and 2), Warhammer FB, Star Wars Mod, and Europa Europa.

Ruff-hi's cobbled mod sounds really nice, but I can't get it to install properly. Your mileage may vary. Part of the reason I like it is that it's a collection of cosmetic changes, not anything that changes the gameplay other than to make things more user-friendly.

I tried MaxRigaMod for the 1941 scenario and its one of the best!

Try out the ancient mediterranean mod, version 1.9 is just out! It's just perfect for players that prefer the ancient age!

I recently downloaded Europa Europa. After about 5 minutes I was distinctly unimpressed.... 4 hours later (& having failed to mow the lawn as a result... trouble!)... I think my initial impressions may just be wrong!

Ancient Med mod next...

The Tyrant said:
I prefer mods that don't affect the rules of the game, but only improve the interface. The mods I use are:

Willowmound's Actual Quotes
Blue Marble Terrain
Better Ship Scale
Civ4lerts

I also like mods that do not affect gameplay, but to get all of them in you will need to learn how to integrate mods on your own.

My personal favorites are along with Blue Marble posted above :

Bad Ronalds Custom Flags and Colors

Great Person Mod

If you don't mind Gameplay changes, try Sevo's mod. He incorporates alot of good mods into one and it is a good way to try a bunch at once.

I love the sevomod he has just released an update and its even better than before.

Don't do Blue Marble, it makes your graphics work like crap. Without it, I can play on high graphic settings. With it, I barely scrape by on low.

I like Fall from Heaven 2.012. It's a fantasy mod with magic, alignments, and special Great Persons (called Heros). It's a beta mod, but so well supported that it's the only mod with its own forum.

Are there any mods, like that multiple ship one, that increases the number of units in a battalion to, say, 6-10 units or something? Because I have heard of this and also seen screenshots, I just have not found where to download it yet.

Blue Marble is a great addin to the game, provided you have at least 256k graphic card to handle the better colors scheme.

I like the realism 2.0...

wkndwrrr said:
Are there any mods, like that multiple ship one, that increases the number of units in a battalion to, say, 6-10 units or something? Because I have heard of this and also seen screenshots, I just have not found where to download it yet.

Yes, it's seZereth's Regiment's Mod.

Top Bottom