Good, Realistic mods?

Maruo1859

Chieftain
TL;DR: I'm looking for Realistic Mod which is not a major mod like RoM or RI, but is still good, or possibly about as good/better than those.

Well, I'm wondering here...

Is there any mod better than Rhye's mod, and Rise of Mankind, when it comes to fun?

Thing is...I've tried Rise of Mankind...I've tried Rhye's mod, I've tried some others as well, and I always feel there is something off. Something that makes me unable to enjoy the game as much as I would.

So far only one thing is sure for me, I want a long, but not dragged out, game. Which pretty much means normal speed's building, unit, everything, and probably epic research, while having marathon or longer length.

But even after I set up the mod's gamespeed XML to my tastes, on every mod I've found, that "something" that makes me unable to enjoy properly the game, remains.

So I'm wondering whether there are any less known mods, which are good. I've tried pretty much every famous, major mod out there. Yet there is always something off. I don't know myself what it is, in some though it gets more obvious(too many things to build, too many things to research, etc) but in others everything seems OK yet I don't enjoy it as much as I could.

Rise of Mankind is my favorite-ish mod right now, despite still having its issues. So well, hopefully based on that someone can suggest a good, less known mod along these lines.

@Edit: Oh, and I forgot to mention that I absolutely loved the feature in Rhye's mod that makes the civs appear on the time and place they actually were at, on an Earth map. That was the main reason I even played that mod.

Have you tried the modmods of rhyes?
Dono if you are going to enjoy or not, but you could also try my VIP mod, which certainly have some of the qualities that you look for. If not feel free to write what you were missing ;)

Well to be honest I remember trying your VIP mod once, and I liked it...But for one reason or another I forgot about it.

I'll give it another try, but still open to suggestions from people :)

As for what I was missing, I'm not sure myself. But there was definitely something off.

I'll try to think about it meanwhile, but keep the suggestions going. :)

Top Bottom