1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

GOTM-02: Pre-Game discussion

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Game of the Month' started by ainwood, Dec 27, 2005.

1. beestar

beestar subdeity

Thanks, Renata!

2. bradleyfeanor

bradleyfeanor King

I have played at least one game in which I got the lighthouse food bonus for a freshwater lake even though my city was not touching it. So I think the only requirement is that the city be touching the saltwater lake.

3. Bruindane

Bruindane Chieftain

A city with lighthouse will get the bonus food from a lake within its fat cross, even if it does not touch the lake. The city needs to touch saltwater to builld the lighthouse though.

FWIW, I shall likely build on the spot, looks like fun.

4. slaya

slaya Settling in place.

hmmh yea I downloaded a mod, "Fall from Heaven 070", but i dont see why it should affect original assets/phyton files.. its a mod goodamnit :rolleyes:

so if you want to play GOTMs i cant play mods? blows.

5. leadsag

leadsag Chieftain

Without giving details of how you did it, can anyone post what kind of score you have and if you were able to win? This is the first time I have played one of the GOTM

6. Abegweit

Abegweit Anarchist trader

It's not allowed. Sorry.

You can be sure that there will be people who win though. There are some very good players in this crowd.

7. AlanH

AlanH Mac addict, php monkey Moderator Hall of Fame Staff Supporter GOTM Staff

Yes, but not here, only in the official spoiler threads. You can discuss your early game progress in the current first spoiler for this game. Assuming you survived beyond that cut-off date you can then describe your final result when the final spoiler opens.

8. Peepers

Peepers On the road again

@ leadsag

Welcome to the CFC forums. Have fun! :)

9. Portuguese

Portuguese Vassalising Spain

Oddly?!?

Bah, n00b ;)

10. Flendon

Flendon Chieftain

This is going to be my first game on Prince ever. I'll be surprised if I live to 2000. I'm looking forward to it. I played GoTM1 this past week practicing for this (won with a time victory) and I can't wait for the weekend so I can get started.

11. The-Hawk

The-Hawk Old Original Geezer

Well, maybe I'll get an award for being the last person to start. But, I just got CIV IV for Xmas and wanted to get a couple of games under my belt before trying the GOTM. Unfortunately, I've been very busy, so this will only be my 4th game ever. However, my 2nd and 3rd games were both Prince wins, so who knows? The bigger question is will I finish... I'm pretty pokie, still going back to the manual all the time. :lol:

12. boozedog

boozedog Chieftain

I'm just starting too :)