Difficulty: King
Barbarians: Villages only
Restarts: On
Victory: Victory by conquest or spaceship

Starting Techs:
~ Bronze Working

This month we have a normal game.
Good luck and have fun. Submit your game before January 25th, 2012.[/B]

Please be sure to follow the submission guidelines when submitting your game (please do not send your files in a .zip file. Attach them directly to your e-mail with your name in the save file). No extra save is needed.

Please sent the savegames only to civ2gotm@gmail.com.

Have fun.

Edit: I have just created the page. And added the savelink in this post.

Starting save is here.

Last edited:
Happy New Year to All!

The Meditteranean map sounds like fun. I haven't started yet, too busy with RL, and wonder if anyone else has. If not, maybe this could become the Jan GOTM, to save MagicG a bit of work ?

Yes happy new year all.

I have been playing this one and have got a long way but am not finished. Regarding the suggestion, and noting that Magic may use a composition I sent in next - I am fine either way.

Frohes Neues!

I'm quite far into the game. Still a long way to go, so I don't mind if the next gotm is postponed.

I finished GOTM 128 last night and started looking at this one but have not started playing yet. I love known maps and I definitely plan to play this one. Due to scarcity of real time I will likely play OCC.

The map is not great for OCC or landing due to scarcity of specials and overseas trade (all rivals are going to be on the same continent). The map is ideal for rapid expansion.

Whether or not we skip Jan OCC (which I too am in favor of) an extension on this one is in order since there are quite a few potential players and most have had a late start.

Whether or not we skip Jan OCC ...
If the next gotm was a mandatory OCC, I would be willing to spare a few hours for that, since the current game is a little annoying in the (at least my) endgame. ;)
Or we could have small game apart from the official GOTM-scoring, just to spend the time. Something that crossed my mind was playing Johann Sebastian Bach of the Germans and our job would simply be to build our Cathedral ASAP, without need for conquest or landing.

And btw,
...scarcity ...
thanks for expanding on my vocabulary! :lol: :goodjob:

Well, I think it was about time for Inkerman for his first :trophy: :goodjob:

Top Bottom