Civilization: Russians
Map: Large map, 75x120, round; 3 civ's
Difficulty: Deity
Barbarians: Roving bands
Restarts: On
Victory: Conquest or Spaceship

Starting Techs:
~ Bronze Working

This month a normal game. Good luck and have fun. Submit your game before May 1st, 2012.

Please be sure to follow the submission guidelines when submitting your game (please do not send your files in a .zip file. Attach them directly to your e-mail with your name in the save file). No extra save is needed.

Please sent the savegames only to civ2gotm@gmail.com.

Have fun.

Edit: I have just created the page. And added the savelink in this post.

Starting save is here.

Last edited:
I plan to participate! Hopefully I finish by the end of the month -_-

edit: I am so bad at this game, lol

Resource seed is 27 or 59. One tile over is 3 special with wheat, fish, and another special on land. 3 tiles over is 4 special but has no ocean access.

3 civs is an interesting challenge both for OCC and landing strategies. The fact that we are white means that there is at least one missing key civ in the game. Depending on the other players, no one may have a key civ!

3 civs on a large map with restarts on is also challenging for a conquest strategy: lots of places to hunt for the restarted civs.

I learn how to play CIV on Deity Level , with 5 or 6 Civz. For 2 years I never beat the AI...LOL
So this wont be hard....considering that is only 3 civs ...pondering ... bringing other CIVS back , one of my favorite ways to play the Game.

Looked at the Start of the Map...visually figuered where to located my First city after 2 moves....will keep my NONE settlers to irrigate , in such a HUGE map and with over 20 continents ...will be plenty HUTS so search .

Game plan is simple...One Phalanx , maybe 2 warriors and temple.
Go for Trade THEN Monarchy.

I HOPE I should be able to Buil Most Wonders ....hopefully Pyramids, Marco and Collosus before 1 AD.

Lets ROLL !!

The game is due tomorrow and none of the three of us loggers in the spoiler thread (haleewud, Inkerman, and I) are close enough to be done by then. As usual, we need an extension please.

Actually I finished weeks ago, but I don't have a problem with an extension so others can finish.

With the exception of mercurios, who once again played a near full length game to the blue star, we see a table with the later the launch the higher the GOTM score.

This is the result of the slow tech and large map combination. It meant compared to usual it was easy to grow and hard to get the spaceship. I was a bit slower than others with the techs and launched last, but natural continuous growth plus typical end of game shenanigans made for a competitive GOTM score, dominated of course by the citizens part of the equation.

Top Bottom