Game Settings:
Civilization: Persians
Difficulty: King, Respawn on, restless tribes
Map: normal, 5 civ's, Round
Victory: Spaceship or Conquest
Techs:None
Deadline: March 10th.

This time a normal game. Have fun.

Please be sure to follow the submission guidelines when submitting your game (please do not send your files in a .zip file. Attach them directly to your e-mail with your name in the save file). No extra save is needed.

Please sent the savegames only to civ2gotm@gmail.com.

Have fun.

Edit: I have just created the page. And added the savelink in this post.

Starting save is here.

Last edited:
With visible specials, the resource seed is easily determined to be 61. There are two 4 special sites in the SW and SE and a 3 special one NW. There is no good spot with ocean access nearby. That and the fact that there is at least one (and possibly two) hole in the key civs does not make this a great choice for OCC.

Hi, I here am new. I sent an email with a bunch of questions and then noticed that the top post said to send only savegames to that email address. Uh... sorry. Too late.
Anyway, I have another question: I perused the rules but did not see anything about changing Game Options. For instance, I like to check the "Fast piece slide" and "Show enemy moves" options, and in the save game file for this GOTM, they are not checked. Can I change that?

Welcome Scott. Yes, you can make the two changes you mentioned. In general, any change like "Fast piece slide" that does not affect game play is allowed.

Thanks, Ali, and thanks also to Magic for the long and detailed reply to all those questions in my email.
One more question: Sometimes after a gaming session, after I save the game, instead of quitting out of the game, I retire, so I can see my progress. Is there any problem with doing that?
I'm looking forward to this -- may the best King win!

Hello !

I'd just registered on the site because I'd like to participate to the GOTMs and improve how I play. I'm playing with the MGE but I installed the no limits patch found in the Civ II download section of CFC and it modifies the game.txt so if I understand the rules (and I did...), I need to reinstall Civ II before I begin the GOTM 140 ? :cry:

I am not sure what game.txt is but rules.txt cannot be changed.
If the changes do not give you any material advantage in gameplay then they are ok.

I am not sure what game.txt is but rules.txt cannot be changed.
If the changes do not give you any material advantage in gameplay then they are ok.

From CFC :
"FOR CIV2 GOLD ONLY! This is an improved version of the civ2 multiplayer civ2.exe program. This new version allows you to :

Generate random maps of 32'767 squares instead of 10'000.
To have more than 320'000'000 people.
To earn more than 30'000 gold.
"

Is this any real material advantage ? When I'm playing for myself and am looking for max score it's better to have a larger population, and when trade is on full swing with a civilization this large, even with tax rate set to 0%, you're making lots of gold (if I don't use the patch, at one point my score becomes negative and my cash amount too). But for a GOTM where one of the most important thing is to finish early, I don't think I'd have the time to go beyond these limits. This is a good question. I read a post in an old thread where someone asked if this was allowed but he had no response and I couldn't find the thread again using the search engine...

From CFC :
"FOR CIV2 GOLD ONLY! This is an improved version of the civ2 multiplayer civ2.exe program. This new version allows you to :

Generate random maps of 32'767 squares instead of 10'000.
To have more than 320'000'000 people.
To earn more than 30'000 gold.
"

Is this any real material advantage ?

If that is really all that patch changes, I am pretty sure it wouldn't make any difference. If you are about to hit one of those values, I would say that your game was rather unefficient. ;) So I wouldn't mind to allow that patch, espacially if it means you would have to play MGE (Multiplayer Gold Edition), which is a Major Disadvantage compared to classic.
On that subject: I know that the population display stops 320M, but does that also affect the citizens-score (2 points for happy, 1 for other)? The relationship between citizens and population is not linear.

I concur. Not allowing over 32k in gold is a bug that does not exist in all versions; I play on Mac and I have been above that limit occasionally. Maxing out your population takes an insane amount of time and for that reason reduces rather than increase your GOTM score. You are good to go Mirmydon.

I just realized the deadline for this game was March 10. I actually finished on March 8, but didn't submit right away (guess I thought there was more time).

Is it too late to submit?

Really, March 10?

I am still playing and hope to finish early next week. Just started my space race, albeit with a single structural.

Magic, could you please give us an extension?

Magic, our moderator and grader, is about a year behind. He last graded GOTM 127 and that was about a month ago. It will be a while before he gets to 140.

Top Bottom