[PTW] GOTM 191 Rome Emperor

Più Freddo

From space, earth is blue
GOTM CXCI Rome Emperor
Italy_400_BC.png

A Roman Empire?

In this game, you will rule as Julius Caesar over the Romans, who are Commercial and Militaristic and start the game with the knowledge of Alphabet and Warrior Code. This is a Emperor-level game. The Roman Unique Unit is the Legionary, a Swordsman with stronger defence.

This game was created by Più Freddo.

Rule Changes

There's only one rule change other than the GOTM rule changes: Rome has captured some Celtic slaves, which can only work in the forests cutting trees. The unit is called Lignatus. It doesn't have animations, but works alright.

Starting Position

gotm_191_start.jpg

Scope of the Game
  • Normal Map
  • Pangaea
  • 10 Opponents
  • Raging Barbarians

Time Plan
  • The game is released on July 1, 2023
  • Submissions are due by September 30, 2023

Game Release Page

Spoilers are free. Please use your judgement!

@The_J
@Blake00

My Romans dominated, and I was never in trouble. For me that's surprising at the Emperor level but the conditions were excellent. I enjoyed the game and the map; thanks Piu.

I expanded systematically and never let a neighbor get too strong without attacking. I took a few cities with legionaires on the red line so I definitely got lucky. Several of my cities flipped to the neighbors, but I always took them back. I wasn't too sure how to handle them after that. If they were non-native I took to abandoning them.

091.jpg

Above is my final expansion. I was trying for a cultural win, but I guess sea tiles count towards the domination limit and I passed it before I achieved my goal.. Good game and fun. Thanks.

Attachments

• 091.jpg
    091.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 36
I would have thought Coastal tiles count towards score and domination, whereas Sea tiles count towards score only.

Spoiler upon entering MA in 825 BC

With 10 civs on Pangaea and us being militaristic, the pre-game description suggested that this would be a fantastic way to produce lots of military great leaders. Prior to beginning, I made the decision to chase a 20K cultural victory if I could get 1 MGL before 1500 BC (I've anlyazed Drazek's fastest GOTM 20K game where he got 2 MGLs before 1000 BC).

The plan was full speed to Republic, emphasizing military early on to fish for MGLs. Early on, capital built warrior, 3400 BC settler, barracks and then archers to fish for MGLs.

Got ridicilously lucky with MGLs: a chance of getting MGL is 1/16 with Militaristic civ, and I've got the 1st one on the 2nd elite victory fighting Iroquis and the 2nd one on the 4th elite victory (1550 BC) fighting Babylonians.

Research: 2590 Writing, 1870 Literature, 1600 CoL, 1100 Republic, 900 Construction. Traded all other techs to enter Middle Ages in 875 BC.

1000 BC stats: 9 cities, 33 pop, 3 workers, 8 slaves, 5 archers, 4 legionaries

975 BC: install Republic and start the Golden Age

900 BC: Zulus demand Republic and declares war giving us war happiness after we reject

875 BC: Enter the Middle Ages

Capital culture builds in MA: 2110 temple, 1830 library, 1790 Pyramids (MGL 1), 1400 Oracle, 1375 Great Library (MGL 2), 900 colosseum. There was a wasteful period of capital shields after The Great Library was built where I was building units instead of culture due to slow tech pace.

Attachments

• GOTM 191 1000BC.jpg
    GOTM 191 1000BC.jpg
    334.3 KB · Views: 34
  • GOTM 191 entering MA.jpg
    GOTM 191 entering MA.jpg
    348.3 KB · Views: 35
I always thought you get score from controlling sea tiles
Sorry, didn't see your response to my post until now.

You do not get points from just your culture controlling a sea tile, but you do get 1 point for a content citizen or 2 points for a happy citizen that are working that sea tile.

Sea tiles also do not count towards domination.

Top Bottom