GOTM 25

Originally posted by ElephantU
Ah - when we all got the map "revealed" it must have set the flag that says we have seen every tile once. Same thing as exchanging maps with another civ. Until another civ moves into a tile we are the "last civ visited" and see all Barb activity, as well as entries (but not exits) of other civs. If a tile turns irrigated, another civ has moved a settler in and founded a city....

Everything seems "normal" to me. The game is behaving exactly like it usually does after you have searched the entire map or exchanged maps with others. Isn't this how the system operates? :confused:

Anybody NOT going Alphabet->Mapmaking?
Yes, I went Bronze Working -> Alphabet -> Mapmaking.
I wanted to have a 20 shield unit for rush buying 2 settlers before the trireme, so I didn't need Map Making that early.
I often rush buy, say 8 -> 10 shields, then 16 -> 20 shields when I get more gold early in the game. Establishing 2nd, 3rd, 4th cities a few turns earlier makes a huge difference later in the game.

But you already HAVE two settlers, and cramming two cities on the North Island means very little land area for production, so getting the first ship in the water sooner gets you to that nice 4-special spot on the South Island much quicker...

Of course, this is a Bloodlust game, so maybe you just want to get to Polytheism first...

Top Bottom