GOTM 85 - Final Spoiler

Thanks for the game.

I took the challenger save.
The island was extremely rich anyway, so i decided to go for cultural anyway.
I basically build most of the wonder and got all religions except for Buddhism.

I got the cultural win quite late, I guess because i was building too much wonders and not concentrating on what makes the cultural win really possible (getting the cities to 1000/culture a turn, by liberalism and building temples)

Given that I've only won twice on Noble ever, and never above that, I took Adventurer.

Wound up with 5 cities, and a 1920 AD cultural victory. I never did get above even 700 culture/turn in any city, but I feel I had room to spare.

China met me first, which alerted me to the fact Caravels could traverse ocean (I haven't played in over a year and I usually play Pangaea.) I still got the circumnavigation bonus, though.

I gave out some tech gifts to the other civs once I met them, although I snubbed Washington as he was getting a bit too close in score as i closed in on the victory.

Even with 100% culture I was still making about 50 GPT by the end of the game, which was pretty awesome.

I founded every religion but Buddhism, built all 6 of the super-temples for those religions (the ones you build with great prophets, whatever they're called), and I think I had 5 cathedrals -- at least one in each of my culture cities.

All in all, I learned that I still suck at this game, that I would've had no chance on Noble, but at least it was more fun than the last time I played.

(If the powers that might be giants are reading this, I had to reload the save twice on the first turn. I did *not* do anything before these reloads; I was merely setting options and the game crashed on me. If I were trying to cheat I would've done a lot better than this!)

Time of game was 2h23m; indicative of my fast and loose playstyle (e.g. not remembering until about 50 turns after getting hereditary rule that I'd put London on avoid growth until I could gat them happy at bigger sizes.)

Anyway, I'm glad to be back in the community, and to finally beat a GOTM (albeit on adventurer)!

Anyway, I'm glad to be back in the community, and to finally beat a GOTM (albeit on adventurer)!

Welcome back! and congrats on the victory.

Conquest 1030AD

75AD Optics
350AD Astro
475AD Guilds -> Conquered Mansa and Qin with Knights
820AD MT -> Conquered Fred and Washington with Cavalry

Fun game, thanks neilmeister!

Top Bottom