[Vanilla] GOTM now works on Nintendo Switch

Wilde

Warlord
Supporter
Cross-platform saves came with this last update. I needed to reboot my Switch after applying the latest update before I could link my account (kept showing disabled). I was able to play a few turns of the 1st (Rome) GOTM between PC & Switch.

Reactions: rfa
I doubt anything over #32 will work but I’ll try a couple to see if there’s an error or if they load. Right now I don’t own the Nubia & Indonesia DLC on the Switch so I only tried ones I knew didn’t require them. So, vanilla GOTMs 1 thru 32 should all work (provided the two Switch DLCs are purchased/installed). The Switch update was very small and it looks like it only enabled cross-platform cloud saves. It always had cloud saving but this allows you to play on PC and take it on the go with the Switch.

I have the Nintendo civ and just got the pc version just so i could try and play GOTM. I used some discount site for steam code and got 70% off the digital version. I hope loading earlier gotm games wont cause any game crash. Very excited to get back into gotm after a long time off from Civ V. Nintendo game controls are pretty nice once you get used to it. I would recommend.

Does Switch have Gathering Storm? If not, then I doubt it will.

Sorry, I know nothing about Switch as I do not have it.

No expansions are currently available for the Switch. The Switch version is vanilla with the Vikings, Poland, Australia and the Persia & Macedon DLCs (Aztec too). Two DLCs are available for purchase from the Nintendo eShop only. They are the Khmer & Indonesia pack and Nubia DLC.

Top Bottom