1. Firaxis celebrates the "Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage Month", and offers a give-away of a Civ6 anthology copy (5 in total)! For all the details, please check the thread here. .
    Dismiss Notice
  2. We have selected the winners of the Old World random draw and competition. For the winning entries, please check this thread.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Old World has finally been released on GOG and Steam, besides also being available in the Epic store . Come to our Old World forum and discuss with us!
    Dismiss Notice

GOTM Reference Thread

Discussion in 'Civ3 - Game of the Month' started by civ_steve, Dec 12, 2003.

1. KnownAnon67

KnownAnon67 Chieftain

AlanH, I've been returning to Civ 3 recently (being 7 when Civ4 already obsoleted it!) and have serached through the old GOTMs, especially those featured on the famed Sullla's page. I have noticed that the first fifteen-or-so games' links have been lost to the sands of time - not only are the files gone, but the .shtml pages that featured them as well!

Do you have any information as to playing these antique games, and perhaps even their future hosting situation?

Thanks in advance.

(PS: Truly sorry for resurrecting such an old thread, but I couldn't find anything closer to an answer in the entire forum... :sad:)

2. hth

hth Warlord

^ too my pleasant surprise, old GOTM site with games up to #13 is available at Webarchive:

https://web.archive.org/web/2002121...vfanatics.com/civ3gotm/civ3gotm_archive.shtml

If some files are missing/broken, I think different snapshots may help.

But later, somewhere in 2003, GOTM site was upgraded and from that point not cached by Webarchive due to robots.txt prohibition, so result saves for GOTMs ##14-37 (including two of "spotlight" examples) are still lost. Sad. :(

KnownAnon67 likes this.
  3. KnownAnon67

KnownAnon67 Chieftain

Thank you so much, hth! Now I have an excuse to return to Civ 3 (again).