[GotM] !!! Spoiler !!! GotM June 2013

Stoepsel

Chieftain
This is the spoiler thread for the Colonization "Game of the Month" June 2013.

Please notice the following rules:
  • You are allowed to read and write in this thread, if you had finished your game and sent your files or if you don’t take part in this GotM.
  • Please don’t post any screenshots or hints during the current GotM until the ending date is reached.
  • If you are a participant of the current GotM and you have entered this spoiler-thread mistakenly, please contact me. We are expecting Fair Play.
  • Who violates the rules will be disqualified.

Again: If you are a participant of this GotM (or you want to become one) and you did not send your files already

--> Please leave this thread! :nono:

Are you sure to have got the permission, please come in and discuss your game. :cooool:

Spoiler :
First! :D I think I killed 'em all, safe for one newly built village and few Aztec units here or there. Could be a nice idea to start with Great General aka Cortes. Other Indians are too few in numbers to declare on Aztecs like in real life, I wonder why it was decided like that. Cortes was supposed to win with the help of other natives...

Hi Tigranes,

an answer from MaCross:

Hello Tigranes,

thank you for your feedback on the GotM June 2013. I had the idea of Cortes as a Great General, but decided not to do that. It would have been problematic, if you lost him in a fight, after all the player takes over his role to conquer Mexico.

You are right that Cortes wouldn't have thrown down the Aztec Empire, if it hadn't been for his native allies. I found it extremely hard, to get the Tlaxcallans in a mood to attack the Aztecs. Maybe a few more settlements for them would have been better to reach that goal. Then again, how should they be named? It's extremely hard to find names of Tlaxcallan settlements, so I used the ones I knew of and tweaked the gameplay to a more 'active role' for the spanish conquerors.

I hope you still enjoyed this month's game and keep on playing in our competition.

Greetings,
MaCross

Top Bottom