Awards:

Cow - Assura 10702 base score
Cultural 20k - ADel 1515AD
Cultural 100k - pterrok 1850AD
Diplomatic - Garvarg 1425AD
Domination - Mark Cutt 390AD
Spaceship - Frosties 1685AD

Congratulations, and thanks to all who submitted! :goodjob:

Note: The calculator was giving slightly scewed scores earlier in the month, assuming a base in-game score modifier of 6 (Deity), when in reality the Demi-god game was using an in-game score modifier of 5 (Emperor). Sorry for any confusion this caused. So expect a slightly higher score than the calculator gave out.

My name up in lights!

Sigh...it's tainted though. In the pregame discussion I had predicted it would be won in the middle ages--and the spoilers proved me right. Since I was not doing as well as I thought I was, and nowhere near as good as everyone else, I cheesed out and went for the 100K since Diplomatic was out at that point. (My Medal Play hopes were already dashed by losing in one, getting the wrong victory in another and not having time to play the final one.)

It looks like about as many players participated in this one as when I first started, oh around 16 games ago. (Hey! That means I'm gonna attain the highest rank of monkdom!)

My game has improved a LOT since that first submission, though the best have gotten better and will always be better than me. All I have is consistancy--when the Global Player Rankings are updated, I'll still be right around position 39, because some big names like Moonsinger and DaveMcW will fall off for not having played recently.

It's hard to say if the low number of entries is due to lack of results, game download size, seeing too great a disparity between your play and the ones so much better than you, or just plain moving on to a new game. (I'm addicted to Korsun Pocket now, and I'll have to find a little bit of time to end off the current GOTM. It'll be my first Deity win! Tainted, though, by two cities and three treasure chests. Sigh.)

Seemed to have wandered a bit...I'll not offer congratulations, but rather 'Thanks' to all who have posted anything I learned from, anything that was funny ('crackered' ;) ) or basically anything at all since I read it all...

"You've all done very well!"

Congratulations to all the participants, the top players, and :goodjob: to the GOTM Staff for posting the results in a very timely manner!!

Wow, the top 3 are incredibly close! I suspect that all 3 researched on to Military Tradition and used Cavalry to conclude the Domination Win. Since I love to hit the 'b' key repeatedly ;) , I stayed with the Mongol special units; they were great fun, but it would take 2 to 3 turns to reduce a well-developed city's defenders sufficiently to allow a run-over; the Mongol units' attack strengths are no match to the 6 that Cavalry gets.

I fear that the publication of Conquests is a major reason for the decline in the number of submittals, and until C3C is included in GOTM, the submittals will remain lower than last summer.

I think my 8th place is my best ranking so far, but as others pointed out, it might just as well be thanks to the low number of submissions. Anyway, I really enjoyed last GOTM, and getting a good score is always nice. :)

BTW, the top 30 scores are all domination. :eek:

My stupid game froze on me or else there would've been a good 100k chance for me.

But nevertheless, congratulations to all :)

I cannot believe it. I was out for a week and what a surprise!!!
It's like a movie: 3rd in gotm23, 2nd in gotm24 and now gold medal.

Thanks again to Cracker, SirPleb, Moonsinger and all the other players whose articles and posts made me understand the secrets of this wonderful game.

It's time for me to improve my skills in other victory conditions than domination (starting from gotm27 because I'm already in the middle of a carnage in gotm26).

No one should feel that the lower number of entries reflects negatively on their high ranking in this game. If you'll examine the Top 25 in the last three games, you'll see that there was no significant drop in the number of top players who submitted this game.

Originally posted by pterrok
My name up in lights!

Sigh...it's tainted though. In the pregame discussion I had predicted it would be won in the middle ages--and the spoilers proved me right. Since I was not doing as well as I thought I was, and nowhere near as good as everyone else, I cheesed out and went for the 100K since Diplomatic was out at that point. (My Medal Play hopes were already dashed by losing in one, getting the wrong victory in another and not having time to play the final one.)
It still takes a fair degree of skill to win an award, so don't be too hard on yourself. And switching to a cultural goal when you were initially going for domination is quite difficult - there can be a lot of catching up to do. Don't be too hard on yourself - I got an award for the only conquest victory last month. Do I care that I was the only one? No! :lol:

It looks like about as many players participated in his one as when I first started, oh around 16 games ago. (Hey! That means I'm gonna attain the highest rank of monkdom!)
Another thing the staff have to get back to updating again... :mischief:

For those that are interested, the GOTM 24 (Korea) and 25 (Mongols) .crp files are now available on my website.

Congratulations, well done Mark Cutt!

That sequence for the last three months is scary though: 3rd, 2nd, 1st - what comes next? :lol:

Congratulations to Mark Cutt and the other Medal winners!! I also owe a debt of gratitude to the many players who I have learned from over the months, and especially Cracker for creating such an exciting game! I was hoping to break into the top 20, so I was very suprised with my score! (Even if it was 'Open').

I got a blue shield next to my name, but have forgotten what that means. Can someone plz remind me or point me to the desription of the medals etc.

Originally posted by Tech Step
I got a blue shield next to my name, but have forgotten what that means. Can someone plz remind me or point me to the desription of the medals etc.
The blue shield is lowest-scoring domination victory. If you hold the mouse over the shield, you get a 'tool-tip' that tells you what the award is. :)

Just out of curiosity, would it be a lot of work to update the Tournament results with the GOTMs that have been produced already? My guess it is only a filtering of the GOTM results. Am I right?

Thanks for catching up with the GOTM results. I feel the interest in my head growing again, even if I didn't have time to complete either GOTM 24 or 25. I hope you will soon catch up also with the Tournament and especially the QSC.

Originally posted by SirPleb
Congratulations, well done Mark Cutt!

That sequence for the last three months is scary though: 3rd, 2nd, 1st - what comes next? :lol:
Last? :lol:

Well, I guess I'll try start a new sequence with a different victory condition.:D

Whoo! A second top-100 finish, for the sole reason that there weren't even 100 entries. I really rushed this game in, playing 95% of the turns in the last 3 days of the month. I dont even know if I'll be able to slip in this month's, i'm still at like 3800 BC.

Top Bottom