GOTM25 Results

Hi,

Ranking is obviously done using the Jason score. What is the significance of the numbers in the column entitled 'SCORE'. Is this the score you entered when you submitted the game or something that is derrived from your game?

The "Score" column gives the Firaxis score at the end of your game, including your Firaxis victory bonus if you won. It is extracted from your game at the start of the turn following your victory ceremony, or at the end of the turn when you lost.

The "Jason" column gives the adjusted score used to establish rankings. Adjustments give different victory conditions equal chances in the competition, and try to remove the benefits of "milking" a game for an increased Firaxis score after it is already won.

Thanks for that response AllanH! I was hoping this was the answer.

The submission form could be updated since the player does not need to enter the Firaxis score.

Here is my real question. In the GOTM 25 results how could 59th place have scored higher than 60th place?

59th place
score 4873
year 1790
Domination victory

60th place
score 6084
year 1772
Domination victory

both players should have recieved a similar victory bonus in the firaxis score, 60th place a bit higher. I understand this victory bonus is removed from the score and the Jason formula's are applied. After the victory bonus is removed 60th place score still must be higher!

Since both player achieved the same victory condition the same Jason curve is used. Since 60th place finished quite a few turns earlier his adjusted score should be higher.

What gives?

Top Bottom