GOTM5 Practice Games

Indeed, but my worst trouble is to arrive at biology EARLY :(
You can set well your map (40% of land and only one enemy city left) on 500 AD, but biology cames on 1000 :|

And the score is often about 100.000 / 120.000
So what?

Tauro said:
Indeed, but my worst trouble is to arrive at biology EARLY :(
You can set well your map (40% of land and only one enemy city left) on 500 AD, but biology cames on 1000 :|

And the score is often about 100.000 / 120.000
So what?

i think you are making a mistake.100K -120K?.

do you build all your cities on grassland or plains?.
do you know when or how to use the Hanging Garden.
do you know how to balance your economy.
do you know how to use cottages?
and your tech tree??

as i said if you use my warlord game as an example you can make more points.kust change some points for barbs.rest is the same.
and if you get biology too early you dont expand fast enough.means you used too high tech rate.never get it over %30-40.

and i played the game (GotM5) 680 BC my score is 70K:confused:.. 100K is too low for the end.isnt it?

don't disclose any GOTM5 facts outside the spoiler-threads when the game is still running, please.

Redbad I'm talking about the practice game ;)
Anyway I know that concerns also gotm, and I've already wrote about it in the dedicated thread splitting my report on 500 AD as usual. If somebody feels disappointed I can continue in PM....

This spoiler is about my strategy on this kind of map...

Spoiler :

Yes if possible. I always avoid rocky zones. My cities have quite all pop 20, but I don't use a default pattern to build them, even if I don't overlap.

sure, at the end or before biology, when all my cities can support it with extra tiles already worked

What do you mean? :)

I think.... :D
But maybe my mistake is here: I hate to make farms on theme.....

and your tech tree??
food --> slingshot to CS and early religion---> masonry for Pyramids ---> literature for GL ---> Guilds (1st golden age) ---> Nationalism ( 2nd GA) ---> military tradition for fast conquest (about 500 AD) --> liberalism, economy, biology, communism, phisic (usually 3rd GA), corporations (1000-1100 AD) and game over.
On large maps I build UN and win by "bulgarian" :D elections in 1000 AD (on marathon)

Tauro said:
Anyway I know that concerns also gotm, and I've already wrote about it in the dedicated thread splitting my report on 500 AD as usual. If somebody feels disappointed I can continue in PM....

This spoiler is about my strategy on this kind of map...

Spoiler :

Yes if possible. I always avoid rocky zones. My cities have quite all pop 20, but I don't use a default pattern to build them, even if I don't overlap.

sure, at the end or before biology, when all my cities can support it with extra tiles already worked

What do you mean? :)

I think.... :D
But maybe my mistake is here: I hate to make farms on theme.....

and your tech tree??
food --> slingshot to CS and early religion---> masonry for Pyramids ---> literature for GL ---> Guilds (1st golden age) ---> Nationalism ( 2nd GA) ---> military tradition for fast conquest (about 500 AD) --> liberalism, economy, biology, communism, phisic (usually 3rd GA), corporations (1000-1100 AD) and game over.
On large maps I build UN and win by "bulgarian" :D elections in 1000 AD (on marathon)

i think it is your tech tree.if you change it it will help a lot

Tauro said:

I'm sorry Tauro, I wasn't very clear. I didn't mean you, but I was referring to the last sentence of post23. It states an actually achieved result in GOTM5.

Just wanted to say thanks to doyen for posting these the past couple of months. Last months was VERY helpful and even with the low difficulty this month it was nice to get a feel for the map.:thumbsup:

Ok, no problem at all :)

P.S.
Best polite forum seen, very appreciated.
Thx to the admins and all the users

Top Bottom