1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Gotm55

Discussion in 'Civ2 - Game of the Month' started by Ali Ardavan, Aug 3, 2005.

1. SirBois

SirBois Chieftain

Wether the files are recognised automatically or not has something to do with files your browser does or doesn't know. The GOTM files have a Netscape or generic icon on my Mac, but is think it wasn't always like that.

I am slowly migrating to a Macos X installation on the same machine, which doesn't make tnings easier with older apps.

Anyway, I am enjoying myself with this GOTM too! See you in the spoilerthread soon.

2. mr. Y

mr. Y Warlord

Still no update; I would really like to see the results...
    I understand if this takes a lot of time for the person who usually does this, so I hereby volunteer to help with/take over this part of the GOTM-administration. I am a skilled php/mySQL-developer so I might be able to make things somewhat easier to manage as well.

I don't know who to contact for this but I imagine he or she will regularly read this forum, so: please PM me if you are interested in my offer, or reply in this thread.

3. AlanH

AlanH Mac addict, php monkey Moderator Hall of Fame Staff Supporter GOTM Staff

lurker's comment: I don't know if this helps:

In Civ3 for Mac there are two options for opening files - using the built-in File Open dialog or using Mac standard File Open dialogs. The problem described here, and its solution, only apply when you use the Mac file dialogs. Using the built-in dialogs you can open files without setting the Type and Creator fields. If Civ2 has the same two options then maybe this is why some of you see the problem and others don't.

I produced an Applescript for setting the Type and Creator, and I have it attached to my download folder as a Folder Action in OS X. It's in my sig as "Mac File FIxer" if anyone wants to adapt it for Civ2.

@ My Y. I develop and maintain the admin facilities on the Civ3 GOTM site. It's all php/mysql. If you want any help with re-using our Civ3 stuff here, let me know.