• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

Government Change

Interestingly, not A SINGLE ONE of those advocating democracy said why they want to change to it. Please give arguments!

I believe we should change because:

1. for one, we would need to change after our wars are over, but beorre an assault on persia to gather money and supplies together
2. war weariness is a problem, but the economic gain is quite significant. And WW is not much of a problem. I have waged 50+ turn wars with a democracy and not had problems.
3. The economic gain is large, large enough to feed our money supply used for rushing improvements which we seem to be lagging on. Specifically the rushing of cultural improvements.

If I remember correctly. There is a substantial commerse bonus with democracy. We have enough lux to curb the WW problem.

Originally posted by Sarevok
I believe we should change because:
1. for one, we would need to change after our wars are over, but beorre an assault on persia to gather money and supplies together
2. war weariness is a problem, but the economic gain is quite significant. And WW is not much of a problem. I have waged 50+ turn wars with a democracy and not had problems.
3. The economic gain is large, large enough to feed our money supply used for rushing improvements which we seem to be lagging on. Specifically the rushing of cultural improvements.
1. Is not valid. After the war, the game is over, because that is how conquest works. ;)
2. Very good. I never even attempted that. And I have my doubts.
3. Corrently we make 1805 gold from cities. We loose 584 gold to corruption. Expect 4 turns of anarchy loosing 4876g. IF (and really IF) we reduce corruption by 48gpt, we need 100 turns to just break even. Please say what you mean by "The economic gain is large". And I will nail you to the wall for your statement IF we switch. ;) ;) ;)

Originally posted by CivGeneral
If I remember correctly. There is a substantial commerse bonus with democracy. We have enough lux to curb the WW problem.

Also to you: What do you mean by "substantial"? I will nail you right next to Sarevok. ;) ;) ;)

Someone better not tell Tao that we can take ALL of the German mainland next turn... and the island in 2 (we land on turn 1). ;)

And it will take a long long time until the last German citizen is assimilated. Most likely it will not happen before the game ends. :D

Originally posted by CivGeneral

During war, Republic has the advantage by far. Besides, Republics can build police stations, too. A Republic with stations is very hard to beat in a war, since research is rapid and they can stay at war longer than Democracies.

Top Bottom