Gr24 - AWD vs 30 civs on 250x250 Archipelago

Hey guys. Just lurking. I haven't played in a while, but IIRC, isn't it better to capture wonders rather than build them at DG and above.

Are you going for the first start or a selected start?

I think M60 is right about naval transport. On an archepelago map, a strong navy is not optional. A tech deficit will doom your navy to superior units.

Hey guys. Just lurking. I haven't played in a while, but IIRC, isn't it better to capture wonders rather than build them at DG and above.

To an extent, but on a map this huge a Wonder we don't build ourselves is likely to be an immense distance away.

Lurker:

I would say that two wonders should be built, if they can on AWDG or better. SoZ, if think you have ALL the ivory and the GLB. You just need to pile up the cash and cannot match research till you are quite large on a 250x250.

As NP said, you cannot expect or count on capture for GLB on a 250x250 30 nations. It could be very far away. Other wonders will be hard to capture anyway, because it will be hard to hold, till that civ is about gone.

Island maps will just make it much harder to count on finding the GLB in a timely fashion. In a way it will be easier to conquer nations, if they are alone. They will have large numbers to hit you with, but you will not be fighting 5 or 6 at a time on that island.

We got lucky on that last one and it was on our continent and we got it. As I recall it was not a huge factor as it was so late in coming.

I wish I could make the commitment, but I need to find a job and will be looking next week. It is so hard to put in those long sessions and work and I end up stressed. It is sort of dang if you do dang if don't.

In that I enjoyed the games, hate the pressure of fitting in the game and the old lady and work. Not working for the last 6 months, made it possible for me to play. I just remember when I tried to do all three, if was too much. That could change.

Top Bottom