[Vanilla] Graphics Issues / 2k not answering me

MxSankaa

Chieftain
Hello!
I bought and downloaded Civ6 two days ago from the steam shop (Pack with og games and 6 dlc civs). I launched the game and immediately I noticed a graphics issue. It is hard to describe it since I lack the necessary english vocabulary so I'm just gonna upload screenshots so you can see the issue by yourself.

I sent a ticket to 2K assistance like 24 hours ago but they did not answer me.

Things I have done until now : (weird english incoming)

- I checked if my pilotes were updated (Intel HD graphics 4000 / Intel core i5 3230M CPU 2,60Ghz). They were.
- Set the game in the lowest configuration possible (changed nothing)
- Tried a few other graphics configs (waste of time)
- Run a performance test (Seemed just fine for a low performing laptop)
- Found a guy on youtube running the game without problems with the same config that I have (He had 4gb ram I have 8) => You can found his video if you type : "intel graphics hd 4000 civ 6" on google. It's the first video. (Not a problem solver obviously but that made me angry)
- Launched the game right-clicking on the icon and selecting : run the instance with windows 7 compability
- Verified the integrity of the game files with the steam tool
- Uninstalled the game, downloaded it a second time and reinstalled it
- Read on the steam community hub that a guy had his issues fixed by asking your help

If any of you have an idea about how to solve this problem, I'll be very very grateful :3 Otherwise, well, sucks for me but I can still play Civ5 ! <3 But not with my friends who wants to play Civ6... :/

Thank you!

I have just installed first time Civ6 and I have the same problem.

And my PC has the same graphic card.

Has noone else the same problem and/or a solution?

Thanks!

I have just installed first time Civ6 and I have the same problem.

And my PC has the same graphic card.
Just off hand I'd say that your hardware is going to have a hard time running the game. Integrated graphics on a 3rd gen intel chip I would imagine is not going to be able to handle the graphics very well. You might double check that you're running the game in dx11 not dx12 and that your graphics settings are set as low as possible. Vanilla and R&F might be OK, but I'm sure you won't get good results with the GS xp, which is more intensive.

p.s. I seem to remember you from the Civ III forums, right?

Ok, my computer is not hightech. ;)

But If my hardware is too weak, than I would assume that the 3D-graphics and animations would be screwed and not about half of the normal bitmap graphics.

And the 3D-part is working flawless so far.

I have not figured out a logic behind which graphics are scrambled and which are ok.
But by now I consider CIV6 as unplayable with these graphic glitches. :(

I am running CIV6 with Dx11. I tried to run it under Dx12 to see if I can avoid the scrambled graphics, but it crashed nearly instantly.

And just to let off some frustration: I had buyed the DVD-Version to avoid downloading the game from Steam. And what did the DVD do? Downloading the game from steam - blocking our slow internet for 16 hours!:wallbash:

PS: Yes I have been in the CIV3 forums before and it could be possible, that I will stay there and not here. :undecide:

Last edited:
All I can say about the DVD is that it's 2019 and most, if not all games require an internet connection for d/l and in many cases that's through the Steam client. That's also how you're going to get updates (there's been 15 since the original release). I'm surprised it didn't say anywhere when you bought it that a Steam connection was required for downloading. I know on the official site it states, "Initial installation requires one-time internet connection for Steam authentication; software installations required (included with the game) include Steam Client, Microsoft Visual C++ 2012 and 2015 Runtime Libraries, and Microsoft DirectX."

It also states that, "The Intel HD 5500 (and earlier generations of this IGP) doesn't meet the minimum system requirements for Civilization VI." The 5500 is an eighth gen. igpu, whereas you have a seventh gen. with the 4000 so I'm not surprised you're experiencing graphical issues. Additionally, dx12 is most assuredly not supported by your system so I'm also not surprised it crashed.

All I can say about the DVD is that it's 2019 and most, if not all games require an internet connection for d/l and in many cases that's through the Steam client. That's also how you're going to get updates (there's been 15 since the original release).
And this is a tendency I really dislike.
One reason for this is our really slow internet connection (and no, there is no hope of improvement and also we are living in a "Funkloch" where we can not receive any mobile connections). The other is the dependence on the online supplier (in this case Steam). How do I know it will still provide the required data for an installation in the future?

IMHO a installation from DVD should still be possible without an internet connection (making updates optional and not mandatory).

I bought the game in an online shop and the information there was limited. Most of the information I gathered from this place. Also I really do not know much about computer hardware.

Since I can currently not afford a new PC, I will book CIV6 as failure for now (until I get a better PC - hoping that Steam will still provide my installation then... ). :(

Back to CIV3. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
The 2K-Support has confirmed that the problem is the onboard graphic of my computer.

I have now bought a NVIDIA Geforce GT730 and all graphics are now displayed correctly.

Top Bottom