Great commander

Hmm... can Commanders be captured by a High Priest with Command?

Would someone else getting a Bannor Captain/General Screw anything up?

Yes, Conqueror pops unique versions of GCs if the city Civ would have had a unique :) You're welcome ;)

Yes, Heroes with Command outrank all Generals.

Someone else with a Bannor Captain would be unable to promote him to General since all the ranks are Bannor only. It might be fitting for us to make General not have the Bannor restriction so there is more of a potential reward for capturing a Captain (Or Conqueror's holding many Bannor cities to pop one).

For other players, since that is their only ranked unit, the only change they would notice is that the captured unit is capable of following their other Great Commanders, allowing them to have a single "nested command" in their army (compared to the Bannor's extensive command chain)

Big Bannor armies are going to be fun. Donal Lugh has always had a lot of potential for generating very green troops (kill a measly skeleton, then use the Recruit ability in a big city, then look for another chump demon/undead to kill). Putting those green troops into a command structure where all kinds of "proximity buffs" come into effect (jacking up their combat strength, giving them %xp bonus for battles they do get into, etc.), very useful. Those green troops can pretty quickly end up Sergeants themselves, possibly just in time to adopt a bunch of what I'd call "privates" which Donal has generated in the meantime.

All this, and I haven't even tried out Crusade yet... *adds dozens of worthless demagogs to army, watches the buffs improve them*... hoo boy.

Props to Xienwolf and co for finding a way to make the Bannor not suck that's flavorful and better than anything I ever thought of.

/jealously
/notreally
/maybe

I didn't like playing Bannor before. Now they are one of my favorite civs, playing with Decius. I like to assign my great commanders as leaders of my racial squads, and I always name every character that gets to be a sarge or better. Sgt Fury and Luke Cage wrecked havock in Calabim lands yesterday.

Also, the greenskin company serves as excellent raiders and/or cannon fodders.

Great Commanders are great fun for Kuriotates too.. Recruiting in a city of 40-60 size is great fun. :) Once you get going you can just throw all your troops at the enemy and as they die and kill you get another GC which lets you go further and so on and on..

OKay I don't understand the Tactic formations.

my Chiev GCs come with Tactics Formation: Battle Line by Default. I saw the tactics are mutually exclusive but it really seems to do nothing at all. No "buff" icon appears on my troops, no stats seem affected, no way to chose to enable it (is it enabled by default as it is my only choice?) Do i enable it on the GC and THEN it trickles down? or is on the troops?

I guess I was expecting something like Orbis Formations.

I am not saying its broke... most likely I have no idea how to use it.

OOOooo also the formations are the only commander stuff that seem to have no documentaion in the Civopedia. The rest link the buff that trickles down. The formatiosn don't say anything beyond what unit_type will be affected.

Top Bottom