Great Moravia

ValahNamedR3mus

Chieftain
I know that we had a big expansion and i know we have maybe too much European civs, but im going to suggest this one anyway - Great Moravia. Even though it existed for only roughly 70 years, its importance in Central and East European history is vast as it shaped cultures of all nations living in those regions. You can do the research , im here to suggest the civ itself so here it goes :

Civ ability: Apostles to the Slavs

Missionaries that use their last religion spreading in Great Moravia join/respawn in it and yield science and culture from spreading this religion. Upon using their (second) last religion spreading , Missionaries that joined Great Moravia will vastly lower loyality of other civs city or add free envoy to city-state.

Special unit: Jazdec

This classical light cavalry unit is unlocked by Horseback riding (having them unlocked in medieval by Stirupps also makes sense). They ignore hills and rivers and deal additional damage to other cavalry units and barbarians. If Jazdec is in range of other civs disloyal city , it can convert itself into a Encampment , striking rebelion in the disloyal city immidiatelly.

Special building: Gord

This building can be built in Encampment district and is unlocked along with it. Encampments with Gords built in it will not only recieve defense boost but will also claim surrounding tiles. If Great Moravia enters war, cities with Encampmets and Gords in it will get productivity boost for 5 turns.

Now , here are 2 leaders that i think are fit for Civilization 6 :

Rastislav

Leader ability : Sovereign in faith

Has additional governor - Methodius - who if assigned in Great Moravian city , produces science, faith and loyality, if placed in city state , will generate envoys and (culture/production/science/faith based on what city-state) and if placed in other civs city , will generate science and will also put pressure on the given city slowly converting it to Great Moravian dominant religion - if Great Moravia enters war with the civ, Methodius will also lower loyality. Upon placement Methodius generates 1 Great Work (can generate only 1)

Leader agenda : Words of wisdom

Likes civilizations who have founded a religion and have high culture. Dislikes civilizations that dont spread their dominant religion.

I will leave special unit/building up to you

Svätopluk

Leader ability: Grand Prince of Slavs

Upon reaching Medieval/Classical (depends on when will Jazdec be unlocked) age, can declare War of Expansion. This war can be only declared on civs and city-states that have border with Great Moravia. This war generates grievances ONLY to civs that share border with Great Moravia. Civilization that has its founded religion as dominant religion in Great Moravia suffers no grievances from any war.

Leader agenda: Betrayed Traitor

Likes civilizations that keep all of their cities loyal , dislikes civilizations that fail to ensure loyality in their cities. If there is a disloyal city nearby of Great Moravia , Svätopluk will try to capture it when it rebels.

There you have, 2 great leaders of Great Moravia, one is a canonized Saint , other is a betrayed traitor who lead Great Moravia to greatness .

When it comes to music, for Rastislav i think prayer of st. Gorazd is ideal (
) and when it comes to Svätopluk any folk song is good as Slovakia and Czech. rep. have really good folk song (though i dare say Slovakia might have better candidates , this one for example
) . Definitely something similar to what you did with Hungary.

When it comes to image/coat if arms, Hungary is a "other version" of Great Moravia id say. What do i mean by that ? Well, that one civ cannot exist if other does. Therefore the double cross (coat of arms of Duchy of Nitra which is fundamental part of both Great Moravia and Hungary) should work well for Great Moravia as well, recolored of course.

When it comes to cities, many same cities as Hungary has (different pronounciation and different capital of course) , some Bohemian cities and cities like Drážďany (Dresen) Znojmo and so on.

Well, i hope you liked my suggestion , feel free to criticize and suggest better ideas.

Top Bottom