Great People

Psychic_Llamas

Wizard in the Making
I had an idea for the great Cleric who is currently completely useless. what if we used them to hold "Great Religious Ceremonies" which boost the religion spread rate for a set ammount of turns, make all your cities with your state religion get +x happy and +y influence for the same number of turns? maybe even give increased city production for that time?

another one could be to introduce 'Great Cathedrals' like the academy which great clerics can build. these could give things like extra gold for each city that has the same religion, extra happyness and increas religion spread rate, possibly also an extended 'blessed' promotion could be granted to units that enter the city.

Another one could be a 'Religions convergence' or 'Initiate Pilgimage', which draws preists of the same faith from every city with the state religion to the great cleric. this could allow the player to 'see inside' all the cities with the same religion present (particularly for chaos) allowing you to see what is being built and the cities fat cross.

and then for the unique case of the lizardmen, alow the great clerics to be sacrificed to create Slann Mage Priests, their UU spellcasters.

I like the great cathedral: maybe a +3 influence per turn, +15% hammers, +15% commerce, +15% beakers, +1 happy.
A great religious ceremony could add a permanent +1 happy bonus in that city, an instant +500 influence boost in that city, a 33% chance of spreading your state religion to each city in your empire that doesn't already have it, and a 25% chance of removing non-state religions from all cities in your empire.

By "draws priests of the same faith.... " you're just meaning in a flavor sense, right? No teleportation of actual priest military units.
I'd have it be "Establish Pilgrimage focus" or something; you're creating the center for pilgrimage routes, and have it create a national wonder that gives +25% gold, and gives line of sight to all cities in the world that have your state religion (like the main religious shrines did in vanilla civ).

I would say: let the AI build the great cathedral, but don't bother letting it use the ceremonies or pilgrimages (it won't use them intelligently).

Nice ideas guys.

How would the 'extended' blessing work?

Will it be lost after combat or 'dissipate' after a few turns or permanent?
Will it boost unit effectiveness in general or just add 'holy' damage, effective against chaotic deamons, etc?

Another type of great person could be Great Hero - so characters like Grombrindal (if he isn't a leader). These could possibly have options like 'Great Quest' which brings back money, resources and/or world map to the nation. 'Great Battle' could kill a certain number of enemy units automatically. Or it could be an uber troop type with a very high strength. Or they could just be renamed Great Generals.
(sorry if someone has already suggested this)

The Great People should be mostly book characters from many civilizations, and many people who hold a certain specialty. Malus Darkblade, the main character from the book Warhammer: Warpsword, and other series that relates to him, he is an dark elf adventurer, as he goes alone and try to gather 5 powerful items to get rid of these Chaos Daemon inside of him before the Chaos Daemon takes his body away. If you got a Great Adventurer, then I recommend you add him. So I recommend someone just purchases the books and add in every character from both the game and books and add it to this mod so that we can get the feel of Warhammer in this game.

Top Bottom