[GS] Great Prophet points confusion

Kibikus

Prince
So this happened during my first GS game, and I was hoping someone could help me explain what's going on, or if it's a bug, whether they've seen it in their games, too.

Standard speed, standard size map with 8 civs, Deity. Around turn 38 this is the situation:
2/5 religions have already been founded:
Religions.jpg

Yet, this is the amount of GP points earned by each civ:
Civs.jpg

No civ seems to be even close to the required number of points, but 2 have already founded a religion. Am I missing something about how this works? Also, does anyone know why some unmet players have a grey icon, and some a red one?

Btw, the tiny box with the GP progress bars for all the civs that only shows 2 at a time and has a tiny scroll is infuriating, can't wait for CQUI.

My guess is one was founded by Stonehenge. The other was founded by an AI thats on the list. What I noticed in GS is that even after you claim the GP for 60 points, it continues to list the player. they start accumulating GPP again and it even surpasses 60 but they cannot claim a second one

My guess is one was founded by Stonehenge. The other was founded by an AI thats on the list. What I noticed in GS is that even after you claim the GP for 60 points, it continues to list the player. they start accumulating GPP again and it even surpasses 60 but they cannot claim a second one

I guess you might be right. This is the situation at turn 50, when another religion has been founded:
Religions2.jpg

Civs2.jpg

By now I know that Russia founded Eastern Orthodoxy and Hungary founded Catholicism. So if someone already built Stonehenge how did Mattias get a religion?
I still think the GP screen is really confusing. Why keep Russia, the second civ and Hungary there? Why is there no unmet player with a red icon now?

Edit:
Ok, so I took another look, this is what happened.
Turn 46: Hungary has 35/60 GP points, and is earning 5/turn.
Turn 47: Hungary has 0 GP points.
Turn 48: Hungary has founded a religion and has 5 GP points. By turn 50 they will be 15. It appears he's bought the GP with gold/faith.

So, apparently even after they've founded a religion, civs still earn GPPs and are displayed on the list until all religions are gone, which I don't think it's right. Especially when it's an unmet player, because you don't know if they haven't founded a religion yet, or they have founded one, have their points reset to 0, but continue do accumulate GP points.

Last edited:
Yeah it makes sense I guess but doesn't seem intentional. It just gives the player access to information you shouldn't really have. Also it looks stupid

I consider this behavior a bug, or at least an oversight from the development. Previously, the civ who earned a Prophet already, disappeared from the list. Now it does not and we have no way to know. Except for obvious hints (Henge, Russia, Mvembanzinga). With Kongo this misinformation existed before - as he chose the golden age perk giving 4GPP :).
I think this came with all the UI updates and changes. I also expect it to be addressed in a spring patch.

I consider this behavior a bug, or at least an oversight from the development. Previously, the civ who earned a Prophet already, disappeared from the list. Now it does not and we have no way to know. Except for obvious hints (Henge, Russia, Mvembanzinga). With Kongo this misinformation existed before - as he chose the golden age perk giving 4GPP :).
I think this came with all the UI updates and changes. I also expect it to be addressed in a spring patch.

I have noticed this too, and agree that it wasn’t intentional. I hope they fix it, because when I first saw that civs with religions were still seemingly in the prophet race, I was terribly confused. I thought for a moment that maybe they finally decided to decouple beliefs from apostles and force players to earn 2nd and 3rd prophets to enhance their religion.

Please fix, Firaxis!

Top Bottom