Great Spy troubles.

Bigv32

Prince
I just got a great spy, and I do not know some things about them.

First I do not need him for scotland yard.

Second I do not want to settle him, but I am afraid to lose him.

Here are my questions.

I do not intend on using him to do missions, but as a scout and I do not want to lose him.

If I leave a Great Spy in an enemy city, and do not perform any missions with him, will he get caught? This is basically using him as a scout. I do not want to lose him while he is just walking through an enemy empire.

One more thing, if great spys never get caught, does that mean if I use him for missions, he can not get caught?

This is a role playing game, so I am not playing normally.

Also, I am checking my mod, so I just wanted to make sure I would not lose him.

Finally, will I lose him if I use him for missions?

If your neighboring civs don't want to trade technologies, you can use him to infiltrate and use spies to steal technologies from your neighbors. If you're more advanced than your neighbors, settle your great spy.

I don't think there's anything wrong with using a GS as a scout in certain circumstances. If none of your neighbors are willing to open borders or trade maps I could easily imagine send my scout through the darkness to explore. This usually though only work on pangea maps.

Great spies can be caught.:eek:

I used to think that Great Spies could not be caught or captured because that's what everyone says, and I had never seen it happen. I use them all the time to scout, or map out an enemy's land before infiltration... so then all his cities become visible.

But I was playing an MP game today and my Great spy disappeared on his way to infiltrate a rivals city. When I checked the event log... sure enough, it said "Incan Spy was caught" I have never seen that happen before and it ruined my whole plan... I was very suprised. My great spy had been walking around his land for at least 20+ turns and then poof he was just gone.

The only weird thing that happened around the same time was the guy who's land I was scouting lost his connection, and we had to wait for him to come back. When he got back I noticed that my great spy was gone...:(

I have no explanation, other than either Great Spies can be caught... or there is some bug in the MP game that zaps your great spies when someone losses their connection... I checked the Military Advisor window just to be sure and there was no great spy to be found...

Also no one in the game was even close to nukes... it was the medieval era... so it wasn't that.

Wierd...:crazyeye:

Best thing to do is settle the great spy and if you spawn another one build Scotland yard

I too can attest to having a great spy caught! It's only happened once and that was a while back...might have been a bug or changed in a patch since then

Top Bottom