Greater Europe - People of the Old World

Russia, Nicholas II?
Prussia, Fredrick\ Frederick William II?
Spain, Charles II?

(Gad deim it modderrs dis ridacted staff is killing mi)

Yeah, all those guesses are pretty far off (although a Witcher civ would be freaking cool!).
So far the only thing I'm willing to spoil is that it's an alternate leader for an official civilisation. Go bother Zantonius Hamm or Viregel for more clues [emoji14]

Yeah, all those guesses are pretty far off (although a Witcher civ would be freaking cool!).
So far the only thing I'm willing to spoil is that it's an alternate leader for an official civilisation. Go bother Zantonius Hamm or Viregel for more clues [emoji14]

You know, I now realize that you live in an official civ... Valdemar II of Denmark?

Needs some Dal Riata updates :p

I was once planning Hammurabi, couldn't truely come up with anything interesting enough to start coding, but I made leaderscreen, so if you need one: image.

Okay, I'm replying to a super-old post now, so apologies for that. But with the recent release of LITE's Sargon, I've been thinking about how sad it is that Hammurabi was taken out of the game and is still, after all this time, not back in. So I did a quick search to see if anyone had ever considered it, and after seeing this image . . . holy crap, this needs to happen. Is anybody still planning to work on this? If I had any ability to code or produce artwork or anything useful like that, I'd try to lead that charge myself. As it is, all I can say is I hope someone will do it.

Viregel had already expressed interest way back :)

Yeah, I gathered that there was interest in it "way back". The post I responded to was something like a year old, so it's been talked about for awhile. What I was wondering was whether anyone was still planning on it now. It's not on the official roster of upcoming civs for any of the main mod producers, as far as I can tell. My hope was that by reviving the subject (and reminding people of that amazing leader screen LastSword made) I could either get someone to reveal they've been working on it, or spark enough interest to get it added to someone's plans. Team Hammurabi represent!

I wish I were better at coming up with uniques for prospective civs. I find I'm pretty bad at predicting how ideas will affect the balance of the game, but it seems like civs are more likely to be considered if there are clear ideas for what should go into it. The only thing I can really think of is that the UB should be the Law Code Stele, albeit probably with a better name. Maybe a Monument replacement that gives +1 local happiness? In previous societies, the law tended to be rather capricious, and what kind of mood the judge was in had a lot to do with how or whether you were punished. The Code of Hammurabi spelled out clearly what the laws and punishments were, and it was placed such that any ordinary literate person could go and view them at any time, so one could always know if what one was doing was subject to punishment or not. I figure that's worth a local happiness boost. But is a local happiness boost on a building that's available from turn one overpowered? I don't even know.

But is a local happiness boost on a building that's available from turn one overpowered? I don't even know.

Well, Happiness is variable, not cumulative. So it won't snowball out of control by getting a +1 from virtually the start of the game. Even with a Law Code Stele in each city, you could still easily find yourself in negative happiness if you aren't careful.

Yeah, I gathered that there was interest in it "way back". The post I responded to was something like a year old, so it's been talked about for awhile. What I was wondering was whether anyone was still planning on it now. It's not on the official roster of upcoming civs for any of the main mod producers, as far as I can tell. My hope was that by reviving the subject (and reminding people of that amazing leader screen LastSword made) I could either get someone to reveal they've been working on it, or spark enough interest to get it added to someone's plans. Team Hammurabi represent!

I wish I were better at coming up with uniques for prospective civs. I find I'm pretty bad at predicting how ideas will affect the balance of the game, but it seems like civs are more likely to be considered if there are clear ideas for what should go into it. The only thing I can really think of is that the UB should be the Law Code Stele, albeit probably with a better name. Maybe a Monument replacement that gives +1 local happiness? In previous societies, the law tended to be rather capricious, and what kind of mood the judge was in had a lot to do with how or whether you were punished. The Code of Hammurabi spelled out clearly what the laws and punishments were, and it was placed such that any ordinary literate person could go and view them at any time, so one could always know if what one was doing was subject to punishment or not. I figure that's worth a local happiness boost. But is a local happiness boost on a building that's available from turn one overpowered? I don't even know.

'Team Babylon Split' representative here! I have a Hammurabi design I made a couple of months ago:

The Kingdom of Babylon

Hammurabi

Code of Hammurabi
Receive a lump sum of :c5culture: Culture when you sign a Peace Treaty. Gain :c5gold: Gold every time a trade unit ends its turn on your territory, based on how many Ancient era :c5culture: Social Policies you have adopted.

Bekhrum
Receives XP when in your territory at the same time as a trade unit, unlike the Spearman it replaces.

Asumittu
Provides a lump sum of :c5goldenage: Golden Age points when you adopt a :c5culture: Social Policy, unlike the Monument it replaces. This bonus is increased if built in a conquered city.

I'm running into this error with Mercia:
Code:
[478407.859] Runtime Error: C:\Users\Sarah\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\Greater Europe's Mercia (v 1)\Compatibility\Sukritact's Decisions Support\GE_MerciaDecisions.lua:5: attempt to compare number with nil
stack traceback:
	C:\Users\Sarah\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\Greater Europe's Mercia (v 1)\Compatibility\Sukritact's Decisions Support\GE_MerciaDecisions.lua:5: in function <C:\Users\Sarah\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\Greater Europe's Mercia (v 1)\Compatibility\Sukritact's Decisions Support\GE_MerciaDecisions.lua:1>
[478407.859] Runtime Error: C:\Users\Sarah\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\Greater Europe's Mercia (v 1)\Compatibility\Sukritact's Decisions Support\GE_MerciaDecisions.lua:16: attempt to compare number with nil
stack traceback:
	C:\Users\Sarah\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\Greater Europe's Mercia (v 1)\Compatibility\Sukritact's Decisions Support\GE_MerciaDecisions.lua:16: in function <C:\Users\Sarah\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\Greater Europe's Mercia (v 1)\Compatibility\Sukritact's Decisions Support\GE_MerciaDecisions.lua:12>

I'm also running into this error.

Would anyone be up for coming up with ideas for events and decisions for the upcoming DMS/GE/ZH collab, the kingdom of Denmark under Valdemar II? Without spoiling the design (since the civ is pretty far in development) I can say it's heavily focused on faith and conquest in a somewhat unique way ;) - maybe that can be useful knowledge if one is to cook up events and decisions..

Okay!

Decision: Institute war tax in X
requirements: must have :c5occupied: occupied at least one city from X, must be at war, may only be enacted once per each civilization you have conquered a city from.
Costs: 1 magistrate
Effects: all cities conquered from X enter anarchy and you receive 25 :c5gold: gold per each citizen in them.

Decision: Support the Teutonic knights
Requirements: must be allied with a city state that follows the same religion as you, must have researched chivalry, piety level must be virtuous or devout (With P&S). May only be enacted once per game.
Costs: 2 magistrate, 1000 :c5gold: gold. (With P&S: 300 :c5faith: faith)
Rewards: gain 3 Teutonic knight* units, killing units of civilizations not following your religion grants :c5faith: faith. (With P&S: 25% of conquered city's :c5citizen: population converts to your religion upon conquest)

Decision: Compose the Codex Holmiensis
Requirements: must have a code of laws, must have conquered at least one city, must have at least three cities, may only be enacted in the medieval and renaissance eras, may only be enacted once per game.
Costs: 2 magistrates.
Rewards: Code of laws provides double yields. Cities Increase :c5culture: social policy costs by 34% less, -33% :c5unhappy: unhappiness from cities.

Event: Danneborg
As one of are bishops was praying for a sign, a banner fell from the sky, and a voice telling us to raise it high was heard. What shall we do?

Listen to the voice!(all units fully heal, gain a 33% combat bonus for 5 turns, lose 100 :c5culture: culture)
We need no divine help!(loss 10 piety, lose 300 :c5faith: faith, gain 500 :c5culture: culture, units gain :c5culture: culture from kills for the remindr of the war)
it is sacred! we must protect the banner!(gain 300 :c5faith: faith, gain a free :greatwork: artifact)

Too much options?

Top Bottom