Greek - Hellenic Leader?

stef-4

Chieftain
As Greek Civilization has not been released i wonder which leader will lead this huge civilization? Personally i dont think it will be one of the expected e.g. Alexander the Great or Pericles. I think we will go to a leader we have not seen before. Like Leonidas, Cleisthenes which was "the father of Athenian democracy" or Kolokotronis who was the laeder of Greek Independence in 1821 against the Ottaman Empire. Have you guys any suggestion or have you read something about the leader of Greece?

Check the leader thread. A screenshot of the civilopedia was leaked during the Firaxis live stream that confirms two names, Pericles and Gorgo. This forum has already been discussing for days what this might mean.

ok sorry guys... 2 leaders not 1? and Gorgo? actually im kinda suprised...

yes 2 leaders for Greece. I think everyone was surprised when they read 'Gorgo' in the video that leaked the leader names.

It is kinda weird but interesting...ok when we hear Sparta the first name that comes to our mind is Leonidas or Lycurgus....and of course not Gorgo. Hope she will be the surprise leader :) "e tan e epi tas..." as she said...ty guys.!!

if they were going to do two "greek" leaders, why didn't they do Justinian and Theodora?

yes 2 leaders for Greece. I think everyone was surprised when they read 'Gorgo' in the video that leaked the leader names.

I bet Wikipedia recorded a slight bump in web traffic when that came up.

It would be interesting if we see more than two leaders for greece, like a different leader for every new city you settle or better for every city-state you settle. Each leader will have his own ability and his city-state its own special unit and building. Imagine something like Athens with Pericles, Sparta with Gorgo(prefer Leonidas :/) ,Kingdom of Macedonia with Great Alexander,Kingdom of Minoans with Minos ,Corinth with Periander etc

It would be interesting if we see more than two leaders for greece, like a different leader for every new city you settle or better for every city-state you settle. Each leader will have his own ability and his city-state its own special unit and building. Imagine something like Athens with Pericles, Sparta with Gorgo(prefer Leonidas :/) ,Kingdom of Macedonia with Great Alexander,Kingdom of Minoans with Minos ,Corinth with Periander etc

Well that escalated quickly -_-

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

What a brilliant idea, infact who needs other Civs? Lets just have 18 City States of Greece.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

What a brilliant idea, infact who needs other Civs? Lets just have 18 City States of Greece.

Surely not. We need to have 60 civs with 20 leaders each :lol::crazyeye::lol::crazyeye::lol:

Because Greece in the series represents ancient / classical Greece, while they usually separate a whole different civ for the Byzantine Empire.

I am hoping they introduce Theodora as a leader for both Greece and Rome (Rather than having a separate Byzantine civ...if theodora leads rome, her capital is Constantiople, if she leads Greece it is Byzantium

ok sorry guys... 2 leaders not 1? and Gorgo? actually im kinda suprised...

However, at this time it is unknown weather they will call both of them a leader of Greece and share a "Greek bonus" while having separate leader bonuses or if alternatively they'll be called leaders of the "Spartan" & "Athens" civilizations and therefore not share any bonuses.

However, at this time it is unknown weather they will call both of them a leader of Greece and share a "Greek bonus" while having separate leader bonuses or if alternatively they'll be called leaders of the "Spartan" & "Athens" civilizations and therefore not share any bonuses.

Considering they've promised 18 Civs in base game, and that would push it to 19, I don't think so. Also considering in the alphabetical leader portraits they were placed under G for Greece is say with 100% certainty they are both Greek leaders. The text in the civilopedia at the top of the leaders page even confirms multiple leaders per civ, and that would be useless if there wasn't at least one set.

Top Bottom