Greenshot not working correctly

Tommy Vercetti

The Don
I am using Greenshot, a freeware program and it will instead of capturing the Window of a Windowed game will try to capture the whole screen accept for the taskbar, any idea how I can fix this? I have tried both restarting Greenshot and rebooting my PC. Neither worked. I am using my custom Windows 10 PC.

If you're using the printscreen key, check the preferences. I had to change mine around.

Also run Greenshot as admin. Otherwise it doesn't work/sometimes reverts to fullscreen mode when trying to capture an elevated process.

For a lot of 3D games though Greenshot isn't the best choice. Check the Xbox Game Bar, which should be built into Windows 10; it has a screenshot capture included. MSI Afterburner has one too, but installing an overclocking tool just for screenshots might be a little overkill.

I am not playing a 3D game. Since my game is not full screen I just click the icon in the system tray running it on admin does not seem to work either on my end.

EDIT-It seems its not reckoning the game as it s own Window.

Last edited:
In that case I use the "capture region" and just try to get as close to the edges as I can.

Top Bottom