@Cakeathon
I finally had a bit of time to do a little testing. It looks like a lot of this mechanic has been ported over from warmongering which helped with the following realisation
I pulled up this log and realised I had seen this pattern before in warmongering. It was part of the Spring 2017 patch (pasted below the picture)
Now the sceenshot is from T163 but the values are roughly right based on the patch and can do further testing
45 grievances is 60% of 75 and 38 is 50%... it is too much of a conicidence for me.
I also have the grievance values for CO2 and cities if interested, not my findings but in another post in this forum... search for ggmoyang posts and the word grievance.
There is some other testing to do... it really needs a guide being written after a bit cleaner than what you currently have. You up for it or do you want me to?
Also I post a pic of their friend India getting 25% of grievances for thoise city values
upload_2019-6-15_0-1-30.png
upload_2019-6-15_0-21-42.png

From the Spring 2016 patch notes
Adjusted Warmonger penalties for City Population:
  • When applying a warmonger diplomatic penalty for capturing a city, reduce that penalty if the city is smaller than the average city in the game as follows:
    • If the city’s population after conquest is below the average population of all the cities in the game, reduce the warmonger penalty by the percentage that city’s population is below the average.
  • EXAMPLE: Persepolis is conquered and its population after conquest is 6. But the average size of a city in the game is 8. So this city is 2 / 8 = 25% below the size of the average city in the game. Therefore the warmonger penalty is reduced by 25%.
@megabearsfan Asking a human to promise to you seems a bit wierd, and paying 30 diplo for the pleasure weirder. Maybe thats why they have not. Certainly the double dip reduction is a bug. What is the value in asking a human to promise? They get negative diplomacy and some grievances against you but regrdless they will behave as they want anyway so it seems of no use to me unless you had lots of AI in the game... but even then a promise is only local if this guide is correct... it does not transmit to allies etc.

EDIT: @Cakeathon I just tested Nukes, Used both nuke types against Chandra, no-one batted an eyelid, even the Ottoman friends. I then made peace with Chandra just in case it was not showing until after war... nope... no grievances for launching nukes currently... just weird.... but then again there was no warmonger points either so weirdly not so weird.

.. so apart from some sequancing and effect issues like when a person who has not met you gets affected by your grievances is there anything else unknown?

Last edited:
Top Bottom