GTX570 + core i7 3770k - Very low framerate (~20fps)

marcellus

Chieftain
I am running into very low performance in Beyond Earth. Not sure if that matters - in Civ V I can run the game on highest settings with FPS well above 60 throughout the game, but in Beyond Earth running on High (not even Ultra) with 4AA slows the system to 20-25fps...
I understand that this game is newer than CIV V, but it is still using a similar engine? Just wanted to verify with other players if you are seeing the same performance drop when going from Civ V to Beyond Earth as me...

Running 3dmark11 gives me 3966 in the first score... which from my understanding is averge for my setup. So I am not suspecting any major driver issues with my rig.
http://www.3dmark.com/fs/3090144

I am using the latest drivers (344.48) on my system (Windows 7).
Any help much appreciated. Thanks!

my system: i5-4670K (OC to 4.2 GHZ), AMD R9 290 (14.9.2 drivers), ASUS Maximus Hero VI mb, 16 GB DDR3, 256 GB SSD (although STEAM/BE is installed on a 1 TB 7200rpm HDD), Win 7 64 bit, 27" Dell Monitor.

Late game with the map pretty much built over, 1920x1200, 8xFSAA, Ultra settings, DX11: FPS is pegged at 60 FPS (my refresh rate), it will dip down to the 30-40 range when I zoom out, but will quickly go back up to 60 FPS.

Testing with Fraps, results with Mantle seem similar. Unfortunately, Fraps only works with Direct X.

The only annoying graphical/performance issue is the map being black whenever I zoom out/look at a new area for a few seconds before the graphics load. Does anyone know of a fix for that?

Our CPUs have similar performance and from my testing, BE does not seem to be CPU intensive. I would hasard a guess that the weak point is probably your video card.

marcellus and Joch,

Both of you please post your DxDiag.txt files. Here's how to create the file:

Hit the "Windows key" and "R", type in Dxdiag, hit enter. A menu will appear, with a save option at the right bottom. Save the file and attach it here.

This provides us with essential information about your system. Thanks.

Top Bottom