1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Guess the leaders traits

Discussion in 'Civ - Ideas & Suggestions' started by Denkt, Jul 12, 2016.

1. Haig

Haig Deity

Any Rome expert who could speculate Trajan's agenda and ability?

2. Art Grin

Art Grin Emperor

Historically he conquered Dacia and wanted to conquer all of Parthia. Dacia was the only major threat Rome faced on the Danube and the Parthians were a long time enemy in the east.
    So I'd wager Trajan's agenda would focus on destroying any serious threat close to his borders. So if you happen to have an equal or more powerful military than Rome then he's going to come after you sooner than later.

He also build the quite a few things during his reign which were financed from the spoils of the Dacian Wars. So the forum could be his UB and maybe his UA would allow the Romans to plunder more gold from their enemies which then can be sued to speed up construction projects at home.

Final thoughts:
    Agenda: Hates powerful/threatening neighbors on his borders, will do his best to undermine them
    UU: Legion, swordsman replacement
    UI: Forum, market replacement with a science and culture bonus
    Leader Bonus: Spoils of War, Rome receives 100% more gold from plundering districts or capturing cities and can use gold to speed up production

3. Haig

Haig Deity

Thanks Art Grin.

What sort of Unique unit could Sumer have? Kongo?

4. moysturfurmer

moysturfurmer Emperor

Would a Rome's Forum not be a better fit for a Unique District? Commercial Hub replacement with a culture bonus? Marketplaces aren't unlocked till the medieval era yes?

Aztecs could have a Chinampa Unique Improvement? Farms that can be built on freshwater shore? Farms that can be built on flat land adjacent to lakes? Idk how it'd work but visually it'd be pretty great.

Kongo would presumably have some bonus to faith or trade? Don't really know much about em. Kongo receives half of the yields of the founder belief yield of its capital's religion, if foreign.

Sumer maybe could have Ziggurats as a replacement for the Shrine? Or ziggurats as a general faith giving/enhancing Tile improvement?

Greece should have some bonus to Great People. Maybe Adjacent districts give bonus Great People points, since Pericles was also known for his public developments.

Now that Barbarossa is the leader of Germany, they HAVE to have Teutonic Knights right? Maybe they've got some significant bonuses against units of a different religion? Barbie's known for his involvement in the Third Crusade against Saladin. Well, his attempted involvement...

Edit: oh I misunderstood the point of this topic. Excuse my foolishness.

5. Zaarin

Zaarin Chief Medical Officer, DS9

I think it goes without saying that Sumer's unique infrastructure will be the ziggurat, doubtless replacing the temple. Sumer did so many things first that their unique units and abilities will doubtless simply be a matter of what aspect of Sumerian history the devs choose to focus on. Though, given they're most famous as city-builders (in a very difficult climate to build cities, I might add), a growth bonus to cities would be very appropriate.

6. zwei833

zwei833 HRE Mercenary

Imo Barbarossa is a very sucessful HRE emperor but an unsucessful crusader leader. Don't know why many people think he is famous for crusader, because of his death?

Teutonic Knight doesn't have many relevant to Barbarossa , it actually didn't exist during Barbarossa's lifetime, and TU's most active area is north-east Europe, not Germany nor mid-east. Of course this doesn't prevent Teutonic Knight become a UU though, as a UU don't need to be relate to the leader, we have got Panzer UU with Bismarck leader.

7. Zaarin

Exactly. Teutonic Knights were the principal participants the Crusade against the Wends in the Baltic region. I'd expect Barbarossa's UA to have to do with politics/diplomacy in regards to the investiture crisis.

8. moysturfurmer

moysturfurmer Emperor

Yeah, that's why I threw in "attempted." It was a bit tongue in cheek.

I just figured Barbarossa has this image as a martial, impressive knight. And as a knight, a knight UU just feels "right." I'll be honest, my understanding of The Teutonic Knights doesn't extend too far past the word Teutonic, so I figured it'd be a good fit. They're a very iconic piece of mildly-kitschy, pop-culture, medieval imagery. Like Redcoats or Minutemen or Berserkers.

9. leif erikson

leif erikson Game of the Month Fanatic Administrator Supporter GOTM Staff

10. Zaarin

They could still be Germany's UU, unrelated to whatever Barbarossa himself brings to the civilization.

11. moysturfurmer

moysturfurmer Emperor

Yea hence my edit at the bottom of the post. Gilgamesh himself isn't known for building all those Ziggurats right?

12. Zaarin

No, he's known for searching heaven and earth for the secret of immortality. Kind of like Qin Shi Huang, only with fewer dead people along the way. ;)