Guide, or Wiki (Orbis new civs)?

dagorkan

Chieftain
First of all I love this mod.

I am starting a new game, and I want to try out some of the new Orbis civs as AI rivals... is there any document which describes what these new Civs are, their alignments, main strengths and disadvantages and how their leaders play?

I imagined I'd seen a wiki to do with Orbis but can't find it anywhere..

At the moment this is what I've got so far (unbalanced because I want a large coalition of Evil to be able to gang up on me late-game):

Kyriotates (me)

Core 'quartet of evil':
Auric Ulvin (evil)
Faeryl Viconia (evil)
Perpentach (evil)
Tebryn Arbandi (evil)

Potential ally:
Ethne the White (good)

Merc/balance-of-power faction:
Falamar (neutral)

So I'd like to add three of: Palatinate, Tlactl, Mechanos, Scions and Dao or one of the old Dwarf factions (for a total of 10 players).

Which of the new civs would fit in better to this set-up? And which are the stronger leaders for the new civs?

I would say the the Legion has become really tough in recent version of RiFE. Also you should include Xivan T'nava for Amurites - i think his AI settings are new as he seems to tougher to beat. (He has beat me to CofE several times.

I have to say I have noticed a tendency for mod-makers like Valkrion (I'm not worthy!) to turn down the funski meter on their mods all in the name of "balance". But RiFE is still awesome and I'm thankful that people are still developing on it.

....This is the Orbis forum, so talking about material from RifE in a thread asking how to set up an Orbis game may not be the best of ideas. ;)

Personally, of the new civs in Orbis I would recommend using the Tlactl (Good, but standoffish, and gives Jungle a use; Good isolationist civ to woo into alliance), the Mechanos (simply because I like them), and probably the Dao. Scions aren't a good bet for an AI civ.

Top Bottom